First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Fedora 12 - compiz hangs after latest update
Hey guys, I got a problem that is just breaking my heart and I cannot stand it! I need your help, bad... I have a nice system setup with Fedora 12, older machine, PIII Coppermine, 1.5Gb SDRAM, Nvidia GeForce 6500 card, and I had compiz- fusion working so good with this system, rotating cube, animated skydome, ... 29 Mar 2010 00:25
A tiny linux + SQL
Can anyone advice a tiny linux distribution + SQL dabase that could be used together? Thanks ... 25 Mar 2010 11:26
Linux PHP 5 & Maiman || charset fundamentals [Expert]
Hi all ! Our manager decided to upgrade our server versions, and we are rewriting a master piece of the files. Versions we have : 1. Linux version 2.6.18-164.el5 (mockbuild(a)builder16.centos.org) (gcc version 4.1.2 20080704 (Red Hat 4.1.2-46)) #1 SMP Thu Sep 3 03:33:56 EDT 2009 2. PHP 5.1.6 (cli) (built: ... 23 Mar 2010 17:07
Guys, last bit of html cleaning code needed please!
On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 21:55:22 -0500, Ohmster wrote: Summary: Take the zip file from below and make a script that will take item 1 on the htm list below as an input file and output a clean html with target attribute html file. http://home.comcast.net/~theohmster/files/dirty_bookmarks.zip Here is so... 30 Mar 2010 22:55
using the Find command
I want to execute the File command on every file in /etc/sysconfig and record the output in a file named sysconfig.find Here is what I tried that didn't work: find /etc/sysconfig -exec file {} /home/JR/sysconfig.find \; 2>/dev/null I can't see why this command won't work. ... 19 Mar 2010 20:07
hyper terminal
I would like to know if there a alternative to hyper terminal for linux. Any help would be appreciated thanks. ... 19 Mar 2010 08:09
Thanks Bit Twister, John, & Michel!
Hey Guys, Thanks ever-so-much for helping me get the urls done in a timely manor. It is people like you that make this a terrific community newsgroup and that will promote the use of (or at least make people comfortable with.) Linux. You had the answers and you were not afraid to roll up your sleeves to ge... 21 Mar 2010 23:13
Script needed to pull URLs out of desktop shortcuts
I've got a friend who is an artist and I made a nice website for him and hosted it with his own domain on godaddy. One of the things he likes to do with his website, aside from promoting his artwork for sale, is to share culture and art links with all of his guests. From time to time, he will give me URLs to ad... 16 Mar 2010 13:54
UK only: Need advice concerning opportunities for Linux Engineers vs. Windows Engineers
I will soon complete my MCSA and I am only to aware that I work in an overcrowded professions where opportunities are not what they were. I would like to know, if I were to train in Linux, would I improve my future prospects more than if I were to remain with Microsoft technologies? I currently have an entry ... 13 Mar 2010 17:33
Squirrelmail problem: Message not sent. Server replied: 354
I have installed Fedora 12 on a new box where I run a DNS, mail (sendmail), IMAP (dovecot) and http (Apache) server. When I use squirrelmail *all* users can read their messages but some users have trouble sending new messages or replying to messages. Once the message is composed, for the users that have problems,... 13 Mar 2010 17:33