First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Converting Reiserfs to Ext3?
I have my home folder mounted to a reiserfs filesystem. Though reiser is fine as a filesystem, it tends to spew out some informational/warning messages on the console while it's booting up, which interupts the usplash screen. It's annoying, so I'd like to know if there's a way to get it to not always do that. A... 18 Jan 2010 09:42
Bash - integer comparison
Would someone help this newbie out please? I'm trying to detect 'after 6pm' but it is failing the if condition. In it's simplest form it is: #!/bin/bash hour=$(date +%H) if [ "$hour" -gt 18 ] ; then echo it is evening fi I think that $hour is treated as a string - how should I code this? Regards ... 16 Jan 2010 09:28
Pan question - associating icons
I've noticed some foks associating little icons with their names that appear in Pan. Is there any way to pre-associate icons on the machine itself? I'm thinking about an html-ish kind of "use your own css" thing here, but where one can pre-flag posters and subject according to one's own needs. For example... 19 Jan 2010 10:07
Resetting bad sectors.
Linux newbie here. I successfully cloned an XP, ntfs, 160GB laptop drive with some Windows software. It's no surprise that the new drive shows bad sectors that were present in the 60GB original drive. It is the second partition that has the problem (sda2 in Linux speak?) I've found a couple of utilities that gi... 11 Jan 2010 01:05
determine wireless bluetooth dongles MAC address
Hi people! I got a MSI bluetooth dongle and I love to determine it's MAC Address, because it's now known for me. Any ideas how to make that possible? For any support, I'd love to thank you kindly. Tamer Higazi ... 8 Jan 2010 17:17
Killing off sk8r-365
On 2010-01-08, HITman wrote: Most, if not all, may care less, that I'm changing my Net handle. But for the sake of my pseudonym's history, I've decided to cease using "sk8r-365". <SNIP> Noted. Curious, however, that you requested followups to "alt.survivor" (which I chose to not do). Why would you pos... 8 Jan 2010 06:05
Fedora 8 upgrading Q
Thanks to everyone's replies. I've downloaded the live CD to have a play and will probably install on a new HD instead if i don't dual boot it. Thanks -- Terminal_Crazy Mitch - 1995 Z28 LT1 M6 terminal_crazy(a)sand-hill.freeserve.co.uk Lancashire England http://www.sand-hill.freeserve.co.u... 17 Jan 2010 06:10
Does New Fedora come with 3D desktop like beryl or compiz?
On thing I really liked about my Fedora system was the beryl desktop. It was neat, and some of the zoom features and a few others really were useful, although most of it is just eye candy. I got mine working on FC6 but had to install oddball repositories to do it and it worked great and still does, however, u... 9 Jan 2010 01:00
Wireless Intel 3945ABG: poor signal
Hi at all, i've just installed Mandriva One 2010. Fantastic, it works very well. Only one thing doesn't seem to work properly: my wifi card intel 3945ABG don't find some network signal... but if i run windows xp, it found at least 3-4 network (with poor signal) through i can connect... Can anyone give me so... 6 Jan 2010 11:52
Fedora 8 upgrading Q
Hi i'm runningFC8 and have noticed FC12 is the current release. Is it possible to upgrade to FC12 without a full clean install? I know this would be better but would like not to spend several days setting the computer up. TIA -- Mitch terminal_crazy(a)sand-hill.freeserve.co.uk www.sand-hill.freeserve.co.... 6 Jan 2010 22:07