First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
[Fedora 12] Throw out my parallel port flatbed scanner?
I have an Adara Slimstar flatbed scanner that I have had and took excellent care of since I got it with a new, top of the line Win98 computer. I used the flatbed with XP Pro by using Mustek drivers for a Slimscan scanner with the twain 32 drivers, swiss knife program, and it came with some sort of "fake" scss... 13 Feb 2010 12:38
Error Message: Firefox-3.6 under Linux ( Slackware-13 )
I get the following error message when Firefox finishes downloading. Also I have ForecastFox weather extension and it causes the error message sometimes. Anyone else getting this error message? Is there a fix for this? Thanks. Error Message: libnotify-Message: GetCapabilities call failed: The name org.fre... 21 Feb 2010 10:21
startup script unable to launch background shell process
Hello all, I've got the script below that I've placed in /etc/init.d and the appropriate soft link in the rc.d 5 directory. These scripts run as root after I do init 6. When this runs after I reboot the linux box, it's able to execute the part that dumps the contents of the environment variable $P4 to the s... 9 Feb 2010 21:54
cutecom (probably a dumb question)
I have an industrial sensor that I use at work and can read the values and program it by using Hyperterminal in Windows. I wanted to see if I could setup a machine with Linux to do the same. I've used cutecom and can access the device's data but have not found a way to program it. In Hyperterminal I initiate... 11 Feb 2010 08:16
xvidcap
I would like to capture sound using xvidcap but just can't do it. there is an option in preference's that says /dev/psd for audio. I have found the psd file in /dev but in properties it says 0bits. I have tried plugging in the input into mic and line but i can't make the association with a dev file and the abov... 7 Feb 2010 14:13
on-line file sharing applications...
Hey folks, I'm looking for a pre-built application I can load up on an Apache server to allow secure web based file sharing so I can get rid of our FTP server and use https. I'd like to be able to provide an upload/download repository for client companies with accounts for specific employees of those companies... 5 Feb 2010 03:55
paypal wholesale all brand(UGGBOOTS,SHOES,CLOTHES,HANDBAG,WATCH,JEANS,JERSEY,T-SHIRT,SHIRTS,HOODY,EYEGLASS,CAP,SHAWL,WALLT) and so on.
paypal payment wholesale all brand shoes (NIKE,ADIDAS,LV,GUCCI,CHANEL,PRADA,POLO,UGG BOOTS,D&G,DIOR )and so on. paypal payment wholesale all brand clothing(T- SHIRT,JEANS,JERSEY,HOODIES,JACKETS,HARDY,SWEATER,SHIRTS )and so on . http://www.globlepurchase.com paypal payment all brand watch (ROLEX,OMEGA,CHANEL,... 2 Feb 2010 14:26
Replacing /etc/hosts as a spyco 127.0.0.1 redirection address blocker ?
Mike Jones wrote: My /etc/hosts file is becoming rather large, and as the list of addresses I find I'm adding to it grows daily, I'm now looking for an alternative way to sidetrack DNS away from a list of possible connections. Use privoxy as John already suggested or any other application that helps y... 2 Feb 2010 14:26
Replacing /etc/hosts as a spyco 127.0.0.1 redirection address blocker ?
Use Privoxy. It will also block pretty much all advertising. -- John Hasler jhasler(a)newsguy.com Dancing Horse Hill Elmwood, WI USA ... 3 Feb 2010 15:06
Replacing /etc/hosts as a spyco 127.0.0.1 redirection addressblocker ?
My /etc/hosts file is becoming rather large, and as the list of addresses I find I'm adding to it grows daily, I'm now looking for an alternative way to sidetrack DNS away from a list of possible connections. One of the key problems with /etc/hosts is that every entry needs to be a full address, meaning bl... 3 Feb 2010 19:39