From: Hector Santos on
BobF wrote:

>>> Either work load or attention deficiency :-)
>>
>> No argument there. Software is my drug of choice. :)

> I hope you're having twinkies and coffee with that!

Kids stuff! :)

--
HLS
From: Tom Serface on
Hi Joe,

I think you should take another look. They have fixed it up pretty nicely.
The only problem I have with it is there are so many people answering
questions there it's tough to get a word in edgewise without repeating what
someone else has already replied (something I specifically try not to do
since I hate the repetitiveness). I think the interface is much improved
over the past several months.

Tom

From: Giovanni Dicanio on
"Tom Serface" <tom(a)camaswood.com> ha scritto nel messaggio

> I think you should take another look. They have fixed it up pretty
> nicely. [...] I think the interface is much improved over the past several
> months.

Hi Tom,

I agree with you that the web forum interface is improved over the past
versions, but some problems still remains.
For example, there is no threading view on the web forums.
And using an offline client offers a better user experience (IMHO): for
example, you can quickly scroll threads, filter threads for categories like
read, unread, etc.
And all is very snappy, much snappier than what a web interface can offer.

From: Joseph M. Newcomer on
Actually, the file menu doesn't give full information, either.

Consider that I have several variant projects representing different attempts to
accomplish something:
c:\CustomerName\Projects\Project1\Variant0\NameOfMyProject.sln
c:\CustomerName\Projects\Project1\Variant1\NameOfMyProject.sln
etc.

I see some variant of
c:\CustomerName\...\NameOfMyProject.sln
c:\CustomerName\...\NameOfMyProject.sln

The use of ... is one of the single worst ideas to have been foisted off on users. It
ranks only with the idea that you can drop file extensions and still be left with
something understandable.

I'm not sure which is the worse mistake: that it exists at all, or that it exists but
cannot be turned off.
joe

On Tue, 2 Mar 2010 11:19:16 -0800 (PST), Ajay Kalra <ajaykalra(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Mar 2, 12:38�pm, "James Juno" <j...(a)noplace.fake> wrote:
>
>> How about that. �I wasn't even aware there was another way to get to recent
>> projects. �By habit, I completely ignore all that "noise" on the start page
>> and go straight to the recent projects menu.
>
>I only use the menu. For me most projects are named the same(various
>branches of the same product) and Start Page doesnt give the full name
>of the project (including directory) but menu does.
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer(a)flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
From: BobF on

With *my* VS2005 installation, the ellipsis are at the beginning of the
path.