From: Joseph M. Newcomer on
From an email received last week, from Amit Mohindra, of the VC++ team:
====================================
There are roughly 10 million developers in the world. There are less than 2,000 Microsoft
developer MVPs.

To say that Microsoft MVPs are cut above "normal" developers in terms of technical
excellence and willingness to help the community doesn�t begin to quantify the work that
you and your peers do!

Of those 2,000 MVPs, 20 have been selected as the strongest contributors by the Product
groups for their outstanding contributions - and you have been named as one of those 20
MVPs.

Joseph it is with great pride I am informing you the VC++ MVPs have selected you as the
C++ MVP of the year
====================================

Of the remaining 19 recipients, one of the others was also from the VC++ MVPs, Mike Ryan.
We were both slightly amazed at all this, especially because we had no idea until Monday
that this was even a possibility.
joe
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer(a)flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
From: David Wilkinson on
Joseph M. Newcomer wrote:
> From an email received last week, from Amit Mohindra, of the VC++ team:
> ====================================
> There are roughly 10 million developers in the world. There are less than 2,000 Microsoft
> developer MVPs.
>
> To say that Microsoft MVPs are cut above "normal" developers in terms of technical
> excellence and willingness to help the community doesn�t begin to quantify the work that
> you and your peers do!
>
> Of those 2,000 MVPs, 20 have been selected as the strongest contributors by the Product
> groups for their outstanding contributions - and you have been named as one of those 20
> MVPs.
>
> Joseph it is with great pride I am informing you the VC++ MVPs have selected you as the
> C++ MVP of the year
> ====================================
>
> Of the remaining 19 recipients, one of the others was also from the VC++ MVPs, Mike Ryan.
> We were both slightly amazed at all this, especially because we had no idea until Monday
> that this was even a possibility.

Joe:

Congratulations to you and Mike!

--
David Wilkinson
Visual C++ MVP
From: BobF on

Congrats Joe. You had to know that your cuddly personality was going to
be rewarded! :-)

From: Stephen Myers on
Joseph M. Newcomer wrote:
> From an email received last week, from Amit Mohindra, of the VC++ team:
> ====================================
> There are roughly 10 million developers in the world. There are less than 2,000 Microsoft
> developer MVPs.
>
> To say that Microsoft MVPs are cut above "normal" developers in terms of technical
> excellence and willingness to help the community doesn�t begin to quantify the work that
> you and your peers do!
>
> Of those 2,000 MVPs, 20 have been selected as the strongest contributors by the Product
> groups for their outstanding contributions - and you have been named as one of those 20
> MVPs.
>
> Joseph it is with great pride I am informing you the VC++ MVPs have selected you as the
> C++ MVP of the year
> ====================================
>
> Of the remaining 19 recipients, one of the others was also from the VC++ MVPs, Mike Ryan.
> We were both slightly amazed at all this, especially because we had no idea until Monday
> that this was even a possibility.
> joe
> Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
> email: newcomer(a)flounder.com
> Web: http://www.flounder.com
Joe,

I'm happy to add my congratulations as well. I know it's well deserved.

Steve
From: Giovanni Dicanio on
Congratulations to you and Mike!

Giovanni

"Joseph M. Newcomer" <newcomer(a)flounder.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
> From an email received last week, from Amit Mohindra, of the VC++ team:
> ====================================
> There are roughly 10 million developers in the world. There are less than
> 2,000 Microsoft
> developer MVPs.
>
> To say that Microsoft MVPs are cut above "normal" developers in terms of
> technical
> excellence and willingness to help the community doesn't begin to quantify
> the work that
> you and your peers do!
>
> Of those 2,000 MVPs, 20 have been selected as the strongest contributors
> by the Product
> groups for their outstanding contributions - and you have been named as
> one of those 20
> MVPs.
>
> Joseph it is with great pride I am informing you the VC++ MVPs have
> selected you as the
> C++ MVP of the year
> ====================================
>
> Of the remaining 19 recipients, one of the others was also from the VC++
> MVPs, Mike Ryan.
> We were both slightly amazed at all this, especially because we had no
> idea until Monday
> that this was even a possibility.
> joe
> Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]