From: Scott McPhillips [MVP] on
"Ajay Kalra" <ajaykalra(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I must have been under a rock; what are these forums? I thought this
> newsgroup is one of the "forums".

Over the last year or so the web forums have become usable. Klutzy, but
"usable." This one covers all C++ and C++/CLI libraries, including MFC

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/vcgeneral/threads/

--
Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

From: Robert Thomason on
Congratulations. I know I've learned a lot from your posts and website

From: David Wilkinson on
Ajay Kalra wrote:
> On Feb 21, 11:27 pm, Joseph M. Newcomer <newco...(a)flounder.com> wrote:
>> Actually, it is because Microsoft is actively discouraging the newsgroups and wants
>> everyone to move to the forums.
>
> I must have been under a rock; what are these forums? I thought this
> newsgroup is one of the "forums".

Ajay:

A very big rock...

Scott has given you the link to the vcgeneral forum. There are also

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/vclanguage/threads/

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/Vsexpressvc/threads

--
David Wilkinson
Visual C++ MVP
From: Joseph M. Newcomer on
There are more VC++ developers than VB or C#. Again, unclassified industry data.
(Actually, this surprised me, because about ten years ago, the balance was quite
different). But native code is not only not going away, it remains strong.

[As I said before, I specifically asked permission to quote this data, since otherwise
everything we learned at the Summit is NDA]
joe

On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 13:40:29 +0000, Stephen Wolstenholme <steve(a)tropheus.demon.co.uk>
wrote:

>>>That gives me some hope that there are more programmers solving real
>>>problems than those bent on replacing working menu systems with unuseable
>>>ribbons or replacing convenient lists by web interfaces displaying no more
>>>than 10 items per screen. Grrrr.
>>
>>Indeed - I suspect that most C++ developers are relatively quiet and
>>never appear on the marketing radar.
>>
>>Dave
>
>Perhaps Microsoft only consider VC++ developers rather than C++
>developers in general. My last job inv loved working with hundreds of
>programmers. About half of them used C++. There were only a few
>working on Windows application development who used VC++.
>
>Steve
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer(a)flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
From: Ajay Kalra on
On Feb 22, 10:54 am, Joseph M. Newcomer <newco...(a)flounder.com> wrote:
> There are more VC++ developers than VB or C#.  Again, unclassified industry data.
> (Actually, this surprised me, because about ten years ago, the balance was quite
> different).

That doesnt sound right. I believe VB developers easily surpassed C++
10 years ago. I would be surprised if thats not the case with C#
today. Where I work now (and for last 5+ years), we have gone from
100% C++ to less than 30% C++. GUI is completely out of C++ and has
been for many years.

--
Ajay

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Prev: CMenu class and menu object
Next: need some class help