From: David Scambler on

Joe,

This is no less than you deserve for your prolific contributions to this
group and your tireless campaign to improve programming skills and
understanding. Not only that, your posts and tips are the most entertaining
by miles :)

Congratulations!
dave

From: Ajay Kalra on

> No Joe's fault ;-)

Are you sure :-)

I think its because new generation moving to .net and other newer
technologies.

--
Ajay

From: Joseph M. Newcomer on
Actually, it is because Microsoft is actively discouraging the newsgroups and wants
everyone to move to the forums. Unfortunately, they are totally clueless about building a
decent forum reader, and instead rely on third-rate designs that produce fourth-rate user
interfaces.

Interestingly enough, we learned at the MVP Summit (and this is *not* NDA material,
because I specifically asked if we could quote the numbers, which came from non-Microsoft
industry data) there are more C++ programmers in the world than .NET programmers. The
numbers are on my laptop, which is not near me, but it something like a factor-of-2.
joe
On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 19:28:54 -0800 (PST), Ajay Kalra <ajaykalra(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

>> No Joe's fault ;-)
>
>Are you sure :-)
>
>I think its because new generation moving to .net and other newer
>technologies.
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer(a)flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
From: David Scambler on

> there are more C++ programmers in the world than .NET programmers

That gives me some hope that there are more programmers solving real
problems than those bent on replacing working menu systems with unuseable
ribbons or replacing convenient lists by web interfaces displaying no more
than 10 items per screen. Grrrr.

From: David Lowndes on
>> there are more C++ programmers in the world than .NET programmers
>
>That gives me some hope that there are more programmers solving real
>problems than those bent on replacing working menu systems with unuseable
>ribbons or replacing convenient lists by web interfaces displaying no more
>than 10 items per screen. Grrrr.

Indeed - I suspect that most C++ developers are relatively quiet and
never appear on the marketing radar.

Dave
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13