From: Rick on
On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 23:29:27 +0000, Conor wrote:

> In article <slrnhksal6.5sr.jedi(a)nomad.mishnet>, JEDIDIAH says...
>
>> Open Office is good enough to apply negative price pressure to MSO.
>
> OOo is no use to anyone who wants to do more than a basic expenses
> spreadsheet or homework.

Tell them:

<http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/
Major_OpenOffice.org_Deployments>

--
Rick
From: Snit on
Rick stated in post 47GdnWwNKaRjxtPWnZ2dnUVZ_uxi4p2d(a)supernews.com on
1/13/10 4:49 PM:

> On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 23:29:27 +0000, Conor wrote:
>
>> In article <slrnhksal6.5sr.jedi(a)nomad.mishnet>, JEDIDIAH says...
>>
>>> Open Office is good enough to apply negative price pressure to MSO.
>>
>> OOo is no use to anyone who wants to do more than a basic expenses
>> spreadsheet or homework.
>
> Tell them:
>
> <http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/
> Major_OpenOffice.org_Deployments>

You really like that link.

Now show how they are using the OO spreadsheet. Have fun!

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

From: JEDIDIAH on
On 2010-01-13, Conor <conor(a)gmx.co.uk> wrote:

> In article <slrnhksal6.5sr.jedi(a)nomad.mishnet>, JEDIDIAH says...
>
>> Open Office is good enough to apply negative price pressure to MSO.
>
> OOo is no use to anyone who wants to do more than a basic expenses
> spreadsheet or homework.

....which as I said before is the vast majority of users.

Most users are trapped in a "tyranny of compatability" where they must use
tools that would have once been considered "gross overkill" in order to do
simple things. They think they are trapped because of a false perception
driven by persistent FUD.

--

Truth is irrelevant as long as the predictions are good. |||
/ | \
From: Conor on
In article <slrnhkstrh.uit.jedi(a)nomad.mishnet>, JEDIDIAH says...

> On 2010-01-13, Conor <conor(a)gmx.co.uk> wrote:
> >

> > In article <slrnhksal6.5sr.jedi(a)nomad.mishnet>, JEDIDIAH says...
> >
> >> Open Office is good enough to apply negative price pressure to MSO.
> >
> > OOo is no use to anyone who wants to do more than a basic expenses
> > spreadsheet or homework.
>
> ...which as I said before is the vast majority of users.

Wrong. The vast majority of office users are in a corporate environment.
OOo is not suitable for their needs.

--
Conor
www.notebooks-r-us.co.uk

I'm not prejudiced. I hate everybody equally.
From: Ivor Jones on
On 14/01/10 04:18, Conor wrote:
> In article<slrnhkstrh.uit.jedi(a)nomad.mishnet>, JEDIDIAH says...
>>
>> On 2010-01-13, Conor<conor(a)gmx.co.uk> wrote:
>>>

>>> In article<slrnhksal6.5sr.jedi(a)nomad.mishnet>, JEDIDIAH says...

>>> OOo is no use to anyone who wants to do more than a basic expenses
>>> spreadsheet or homework.
>>
>> ...which as I said before is the vast majority of users.
>>
> Wrong. The vast majority of office users are in a corporate environment.
> OOo is not suitable for their needs.

Oh I don't know. My business needs would be met quite adequately by OOo.

Ivor