From: Gordon on
Conor wrote:

> Wrong. The vast majority of office users are in a corporate environment.
> OOo is not suitable for their needs.

Drivel. I was a Systems Accountant up till a few years ago and I can
tell you that MOST corporate users do NOT use any functionality that is
in MS Office but not in Open Office. Period.
From: Gordon on
Conor wrote:

> Quite probably. You'll also find they're using MS Office as well.

For the few users only who need functions which are not in OO. And
that's not many.
From: Peter Köhlmann on
Gordon wrote:

> Conor wrote:
>

>> Quite probably. You'll also find they're using MS Office as well.
>>

> For the few users only who need functions which are not in OO. And
> that's not many.

Well, what function exactly would be missing?

The widiots simply claim that MSO has functionality that is missing in OO.
And when asked for specifics, usually slink away red faced
--
Only two things are infinite,
the Universe and Stupidity.

From: Hadron on
Rick <none(a)mail.invalid> writes:

> On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 04:18:07 +0000, Conor wrote:

>>> ...which as I said before is the vast majority of users.
>>>
>> Wrong. The vast majority of office users are in a corporate environment.
>> OOo is not suitable for their needs.
>
> Why not?
>
> I am sure there are some corporations listed here:
> <http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/
> Major_OpenOffice.org_Deployments#Private_Sector>

It can be suitable if they dont need 100% MSO compatibility.

To advocate it if they do is silly.

From: Snit on
Gordon stated in post 7r83jfF6tkU2(a)mid.individual.net on 1/14/10 1:40 AM:

> Conor wrote:
>

>> Quite probably. You'll also find they're using MS Office as well.
>>

> For the few users only who need functions which are not in OO. And
> that's not many.

Just looking at what functions / features each has does not tell you which
is better suited for a task... you have to look at how well each function is
handled.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]