From: Phil Stovell on
On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 22:16:11 +0000, Conor wrote:

> In article <pan.2010.01.14.19.06.03.628253(a)stovell.nospam.org.uk>, Phil
> Stovell says...
>>
>> On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 18:58:05 +0000, Conor wrote:
>>
>> > Its shitloads. In Calc, there's shitloads of Exel functions missing
>> > and there's sod all macro support.
>>
>> Are all Calc functions in Excel?
>
> Nobody cares because Excel is the only thing that counts.

Got you. You're a troll.
From: Peter Köhlmann on
Rick wrote:

> On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 15:16:43 -0700, Snit wrote:
>
>> Rick stated in post aMGdnROUzbJNDtLWnZ2dnUVZ_v1i4p2d(a)supernews.com on

>>> ... except that, for the most part, those people/corporations have
>>> switched TO OO.o FROM MSO or some other software.
>>
>> And many companies switched from WordPerfect to MS Office... at least
>> those who have been around a while. And, I am sure, they have changed
>> other things that do not serve them well... don't you agree?
>
> Possibly. But, AGAIN, OO.o apparently meets the needs of most of those
> using it well enough to keep using it instead of using other sofftware.

Well, several german cities seemed to be quite content with OO. Seems OO
provided everything they needed. For example: The computers in Munich
which still run windows have OO installed

--
Linux: Because rebooting is for adding new hardware

From: Peter Köhlmann on
Phil Stovell wrote:

> On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 22:16:11 +0000, Conor wrote:
>
>> In article <pan.2010.01.14.19.06.03.628253(a)stovell.nospam.org.uk>, Phil
>> Stovell says...

>>> Are all Calc functions in Excel?
>>
>> Nobody cares because Excel is the only thing that counts.
>
> Got you. You're a troll.

Nope. Even trolls are usually not *that* dumb
--
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

From: Phil Stovell on
On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 23:33:25 +0100, Peter Köhlmann wrote:

> Rick wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 15:16:43 -0700, Snit wrote:
>>
>>> Rick stated in post aMGdnROUzbJNDtLWnZ2dnUVZ_v1i4p2d(a)supernews.com on
>>> 1/14/10 2:59 PM:

>>> And many companies switched from WordPerfect to MS Office... at least
>>> those who have been around a while. And, I am sure, they have changed
>>> other things that do not serve them well... don't you agree?
>>
>> Possibly. But, AGAIN, OO.o apparently meets the needs of most of those
>> using it well enough to keep using it instead of using other sofftware.
>
> Well, several german cities seemed to be quite content with OO. Seems OO
> provided everything they needed. For example: The computers in Munich
> which still run windows have OO installed

The UK Government used to have (may still have) a policy of only using
software that is ISO standards compliant. OO is, I'm not sure about MSO.
From: Phil Stovell on
On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 23:34:13 +0100, Peter Köhlmann wrote:

> Phil Stovell wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 22:16:11 +0000, Conor wrote:
>>
>>> In article <pan.2010.01.14.19.06.03.628253(a)stovell.nospam.org.uk>, Phil
>>> Stovell says...

>>> Nobody cares because Excel is the only thing that counts.
>>
>> Got you. You're a troll.
>
> Nope. Even trolls are usually not *that* dumb

I'm after a new laptop (with Ubuntu and OO, of course). I now know where
not to buy from, back to Novatech.