From: Gordon on
Jordon wrote:

> I wasn't addressing OO, only Gordons claim that he's
> never seen anyone using scripts or pivot tables.

Well as I said, I've worked in several large UK corporations over some
years, and they just haven't needed to use VBA or Macros. It does depend
on the output from whaterver ERM system you are using - the less
sophisticated the more the user is likley to need Macros and VBA.
It's just my experience that these are few and far between - certainly
not sufficiently frequent to justify the wholesale use of MS Office...
From: Conor on
In article <7r83jfF6tkU2(a)mid.individual.net>, Gordon says...

> Conor wrote:
>

> > Quite probably. You'll also find they're using MS Office as well.
> >

> For the few users only who need functions which are not in OO. And
> that's not many.

Its shitloads. In Calc, there's shitloads of Exel functions missing and
there's sod all macro support.

--
Conor
www.notebooks-r-us.co.uk

I'm not prejudiced. I hate everybody equally.
From: Conor on
In article <7r810lFp2nU1(a)mid.individual.net>, Gordon says...

> Conor wrote:
> > In article <slrnhksal6.5sr.jedi(a)nomad.mishnet>, JEDIDIAH says...
> >
> >> Open Office is good enough to apply negative price pressure to MSO.
> >
> > OOo is no use to anyone who wants to do more than a basic expenses
> > spreadsheet or homework.
> >

> You obviously have never used it then.

It goes out on every laptop I sell.

From: Conor on
In article <7r83hoF6tkU1(a)mid.individual.net>, Gordon says...

> Conor wrote:
>

> > Wrong. The vast majority of office users are in a corporate environment.
> > OOo is not suitable for their needs.
> >

> Drivel. I was a Systems Accountant up till a few years ago and I can
> tell you that MOST corporate users do NOT use any functionality that is
> in MS Office but not in Open Office. Period.

Then you're bullshitting about your job.

From: Gordon on
Conor wrote:

..

> Its shitloads. In Calc, there's shitloads of Exel functions missing and

Like what pray?

> there's sod all macro support.

I've worked in some of the largest UK corporations as a Systems and
Management Accountant for quite a few years and a) most people never
used either VBA OR macros and b) Calc has scripting.