From: Ulrich Korndoerfer on
Hi Karl,

Karl E. Peterson schrieb:

> Well yeah, this guy I know is on the management board of the Big 8. :-)

Heckuva connection (I slowly get grasp of your wordings ;-) )

--
Ulrich Korndoerfer

VB tips, helpers, solutions -> http://www.proSource.de/Downloads/
From: Ulrich Korndoerfer on
Karl E. Peterson schrieb:

> I bow to the marketing wizards at Coca-Cola on that usage. ...

Yeah, I noticed that as soon as I firstly saw your new logo, using this
decent color and font. :-)

From: dpb on
Karl E. Peterson wrote:
> Ulrich Korndoerfer wrote:
>> Following a cite of one of his posts regarding how he will proceed in
>> the case of the MS shutdown:
>>
>> http://groups.google.com/group/news.admin.hierarchies/browse_thread/thread/67439c68236e7e35
>>

> Heckuva find! Gotta share this, and see what floats up...

Indeed...most interesting in particular is the unofficial nature of the
proposer of doing this.

Most significant imo is response of Tim Skirvan noting the Big-8 could
likely fast-track group creation in comp.*

From: Ulrich Korndoerfer on
PS

>> I bow to the marketing wizards at Coca-Cola on that usage. ...
>
> Yeah, I noticed that as soon as I firstly saw your new logo, using this
> decent color and font. :-)

And of course because you included that "Original formula" logo ;-)

For non-americans: Coca-Cola had some issues (read: it did not sell)
after they introduced a new kind of coke (AFAIR it was sweeter, because
Pepsi's was sweeter), and soon reverted to the so advertised "original
formula" version" :-)

From: Mike Williams on
"Ulrich Korndoerfer" <ulrich_wants_nospam(a)prosource.de> wrote in message

> Heckuva connection (I slowly get grasp of your wordings ;-) )

Sometimes we don't even get a grasp of our own wordings! Apparently all the
main American and English dictionaries, including all the main online
dictionaries, have copied an incorrect definition of the word siphon from
the Oxford English Dictionary, in which it has been wrongly defined for
about a hundred years and in which it is described as working by atmospheric
pressure when in fact it does not do so. The mistake has only just been
discovered! I thought the Americans always wanted to distance themselves
from the British, but it seems they are only to willing to copy our word
definitions, even when they are wrong! Aren't they a bunch of copy cats ;-)

Mike

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Prev: data disapear
Next: monitor if computer is in idle