From: Henrik Carlqvist on
ShadowTek <ShadowTek(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:
> It was an OKI Page 14e.
>
> I've also known other people that have had such problems with laser
> printers, so didn't want to chance wasting money on another one that
> would also cause problems.

The OKI printer is not really a laser, it is a LED printer.

regards Henrik
root(a)localhost postmaster(a)localhost

From: Joe Pfeiffer on
Henrik Carlqvist <Henrik.Carlqvist(a)deadspam.com> writes:

> ShadowTek <ShadowTek(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:
>> It was an OKI Page 14e.
>>
>> I've also known other people that have had such problems with laser
>> printers, so didn't want to chance wasting money on another one that
>> would also cause problems.
>
> The OKI printer is not really a laser, it is a LED printer.

So far as toner is concerned, that's a detail that doesn't matter. It
doesn't affect either his point (that a cloud of toner was emitted by
the printer) or mine (that something was seriously wrong with that
printer).
From: Scott Alfter on
In article <8b05keFp3gU7(a)mid.individual.net>,
General Schvantzkoph <schvantzkoph(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 22:15:22 -0700, annalissa wrote:
>> I think there should be a linux project which will produce a utility
>> very similar to ndiswrapper , so that we can use windows scanner drivers
>> for linux as well or in other words we can use win scanners in linux as
>> well
>
>I think that's a terrible idea, ndiswrapper is a kludge that allows WiFI
>companies to get away without providing Linux support.

....not to mention that (IME) ndiswrapper tends to not work. It never worked
with the Broadcom WiFi in my (recently stolen) notebook; I ended up using
USB and CardBus WiFi devices with that machine until the b43 driver (and its
predecessor?) got to a usable state.

This past weekend, I picked up a Netgear WNDA3100 for one of my MythTV
frontends...didn't know at the time that there were two hardware versions
for this, an older one with an Atheros chip that uses the ar9170usb driver
and a newer one with a Broadcom chip that (again) is unsupported at this
time. I'm not even going to bother with ndiswrapper this time; it's going
back to Fry's to be replaced with something that will work (think they had a
suitable revision of the D-Link DWA160 for $10 more; it's supported by the
ar9170usb driver).

_/_
(IIGS( http://alfter.us/ Top-posting!
\_^_/ rm -rf /bin/laden >What's the most annoying thing on Usenet?

From: notbob on
On 2010-07-27, Scott Alfter <scott(a)alfter.DIESPAMMERSDIE.us> wrote:

> ...not to mention that (IME) ndiswrapper tends to not work.

Worked fine, for me.

nb
From: ShadowTek on
On 2010-07-27, Joe Pfeiffer <pfeiffer(a)cs.nmsu.edu> wrote:
> Henrik Carlqvist <Henrik.Carlqvist(a)deadspam.com> writes:
>
>> The OKI printer is not really a laser, it is a LED printer.
>
> So far as toner is concerned, that's a detail that doesn't matter. It
> doesn't affect either his point (that a cloud of toner was emitted by
> the printer) or mine (that something was seriously wrong with that
> printer).

If there happens to be some design aspect that suggests a probability of
uncleanliness, I'd like to know what it might be so I'll know what to
avoid.