From: Davey on
On Mon, 10 May 2010 00:31:33 +0100
Andy Furniss <spam(a)andyfurniss.entadsl.com> wrote:

> Davey wrote:
>
> > Top-out for about the time it stops shows:
>
> > Cpu(s): 88.4%us, 11.2%sy, 0.0%ni, 0.0%id, 0.0%wa, 0.3%hi,
> > 0.0%si,
>
> I think you should try and see if you can get current mplayer to work.
>
> I guess on ubuntu you'll need to install some dev packages, but I
> don't know the detail.
>
> If it's not already installed get svn then under your home dir make a
> dir -
>
> mkdir mplayer-svn
> cd mplayer-svn
> svn checkout svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/mplayer/trunk mplayer
> cd mplayer
> ./configure
> make
>
> If all goes well you will have a new mplayer and mencoder in that dir
> - you could install them, but I would just run them from there.
>
> You have to remember to put ./ in front of them or you will run your
> old versions.
>
> ./mencoder .....

Done that, seems ready, now to try it next time I get hooked up again.
--
Davey.
From: Davey on
On Fri, 9 Apr 2010 23:51:59 -0400
Davey <davey(a)example.invalid> wrote:

For the information of those who have helped me try to work this out, I
am officially pulling the plug on this project.

Thank you for your help and willingness to work with me, but I have
spent enough time on this, and I have other, more pressing things to
take care of.
But I will continue to lurk in this group, and if anybody finds that a
breakthrough has been made in Linux and Dazzle compatibility, I would
be happy to try again at some future date.
Thanks again, all of you.
--
Davey.