From: Andy Furniss on
Davey wrote:

> v4l2: unable to open '/dev/video0': No such file or directory
> v4l2: ioctl set mute failed: Bad file descriptor
> v4l2: 0 frames successfully processed, 0 frames dropped.
> ============ Sorry, this file format is not recognized/supported
> =============
> === If this file is an AVI, ASF or MPEG stream, please contact the author!
> ===
> Cannot open demuxer.
>
> Exiting..."
>
> When I do it for real, I will select a better out file name, naturaally.
>
> But what file format does it not recognise? mjpeg? Avi? It doesn't
> specify!

It's probably just a confusing message because it isn't getting any
input from v4l2.
From: Davey on
On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 21:27:06 +0100, Andy Furniss wrote:

> Davey wrote:
>
>> v4l2: unable to open '/dev/video0': No such file or directory
>> v4l2: ioctl set mute failed: Bad file descriptor
>> v4l2: 0 frames successfully processed, 0 frames dropped.
>> ============ Sorry, this file format is not recognized/supported
>> =============
>> === If this file is an AVI, ASF or MPEG stream, please contact the author!
>> ===
>> Cannot open demuxer.
>>
>> Exiting..."
>>
>> When I do it for real, I will select a better out file name, naturaally.
>>
>> But what file format does it not recognise? mjpeg? Avi? It doesn't
>> specify!
>
> It's probably just a confusing message because it isn't getting any
> input from v4l2.

Ok. I'll report back when I next connect the Dazzle.
--
Davey.
From: Nix on
On 26 Apr 2010, Andy Furniss stated:
> ps ax and see if mplayer is still running if it is

you mean

ps -C mplayer

right?
From: Andy Furniss on
Nix wrote:
> On 26 Apr 2010, Andy Furniss stated:
>> ps ax and see if mplayer is still running if it is
>
> you mean
>
> ps -C mplayer
>
> right?

Well that's way more typing :-)

I just got used to using ps ax, most stuff I've kill recently are games
- and they typically run a binary with a different name from what I
typed to start them.

From: Davey on
On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 12:09:15 +0100, Andy Furniss wrote:

> Nix wrote:
>> On 26 Apr 2010, Andy Furniss stated:
>>> ps ax and see if mplayer is still running if it is
>>
>> you mean
>>
>> ps -C mplayer
>>
>> right?
>
> Well that's way more typing :-)
>
> I just got used to using ps ax, most stuff I've kill recently are games
> - and they typically run a binary with a different name from what I
> typed to start them.

Whichever is better, as I mentioned earlier, mplayer is still running when
it craps out, it just doesn't have what it needs to work. I have to stop it
deliberately. But thank you both for teaching me something new.
--
Davey.