First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91
If a message is destined for a content_filter, must we really checkthe transport map?
Hey, all, I manage a high-volume mail installation, using an after-queue content filter for spam filtering. We use an ldap transport map (actually a couple of them) to direct each recipient's email to it's appropriate final destination. I recently got some errors about timeouts in the transport map lookup, ... 11 Mar 2010 15:43
Posfix Address Rewriting
Hi, We currently use sendmail and it rewrites incoming mail addresses so that mail to <first>.<last>@domain.com is delivered to mailserver1.domain <anycombination>@domain.com is delivered to mailserver2.domain Does anyone know how this can be done in postfix ? TIA ... 11 Mar 2010 13:26
aliasess error
Hi: When I enable Alias database uncomment "alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases" on main.cf file and then making postfix reload the following error appears Mar 10 20:33:05 mailer postfix/smtpd[28063]: [ID 947731 mail.crit] fatal: open database /etc/aliases.db: No such file or directory Mar 10 20:34:06 mailer post... 11 Mar 2010 12:18
identifying safe error with postfix + dovecot
On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 09:51:59AM -0600, Wilberth P?rez wrote: When I configure smtp server from my mail client (thunderbird) with user name login and secure STARTTLS , if i try to send a message the following error message appers: "An error occurred while sending mail: unable to log on to t... 11 Mar 2010 11:09
Can I configure 5xx error for smtpd_recipient_limit
I need to reject messages above n recipients with a Permanent Failure. If I configure smtpd_recipient_limit=50 I cant outright reject the messages unless I set smtpd_hard_error_limit=1 Thanks Ram ... 11 Mar 2010 11:09
Postfix and mxtoolbox.com
I have been using mxtoolbox.com recently to monitor my server and I notice that most of the alerts I get are for times when the server is not, in fact, offline. It looks like maybe postfix just isn't answering (or answering fast enough?) I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this? MXToolBox.com detect... 10 Mar 2010 09:41
Problem with Postfix/Cyrus-imap setup
Hello List, I'm trying to get postfix work properly with Cyrus-imap but I've yet to get everything completely working. My server hosts several domains and uses Cyrus to deliver its email to the correct users. In my setup I've configured a catch-all address and several other virtual addresses. Now postfix see... 10 Mar 2010 11:56
Postfix rate control using anvil
Hi , I am using postfix 2.2 , and i have configured anvil . I need some info in configuring anvil on postfix . My goal here is to restrict some application servers which sends thousands of mail some times . I need to restrict these sort of hosts using Anvil, can this be possible to even block it. ... 10 Mar 2010 05:18
simple filter counter
Hello guys, I have made a simple filter, following the example here http://www.postfix.org/FILTER_README.html in order to insert a number in the subject line of every message been sent. The script of this filter is very similar with the example, in uses sed to replace "Subject: " with "Subject: #$number" and autoin... 13 Mar 2010 14:13
bounce & local process consumes high CPU usage
Hi there, I'm running Postfix 2.3.3 and Redhat 5.3 ... the server daily receive 20000 ~ 30000 messages. And Dovecot IMAP & POP3 services run on the same server. I found recently found that bounce, local, procmail and occasionally flush and smtp occupies all CPU usage and result Postfix send/receive hangs up ..... 9 Mar 2010 22:38