First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59
How to handle @@error=1785
I'm trying to add a FK constraint to a table and get error 1785 " Introducing FOREIGN KEY constraint 'fk_blah' on table my_table' may cause cycles or multiple cascade paths. Specify ON DELETE NO ACTION or ON UPDATE NO ACTION, or modify other FOREIGN KEY constraints. " I've tried put the alter table statement in ... 24 Mar 2010 14:43
Database backup failure
SQL Server 2008 SP1 2734. We have a database that has the data and log file extensions are different. Data file has the .DAT extension and log file has the .LOG extension (Don't even ask who named them like that). Also, the database is in simple mode and set to AUTO CLOSE. The backup failed for this data... 24 Mar 2010 13:32
HELP: A severe error occurred on the current command.
We have encountered the following error message when hitting a particular trigger. This trigger hasnt been altered for nearly 2 years. "Msg 0, Level 11, State 0, Line 0 A severe error occurred on the current command. The results, if any, should be discarded." The SQL Server in question is version 9.00.4035.... 25 Mar 2010 11:31
Primary Key - Clustered Index
Is the clustered index similar to the BTree structure? ... 23 Mar 2010 09:00
SSMS doesn't see SSAS or Integration Services in server type drop
Product/environment - SQL SERVER 2008 dev. edition, windows vista Analy. Services & SSIS were installed from the dev edition, and services show SSIS and Analysis services running. But I cannot see these references in SSMS. I only see database engine and Compact Edition. I looked at every tweak I could find ... 22 Mar 2010 14:16
Many resources (CPU, processes) even when idle
SQL Server seems to be making moderately large demands on the system even when it is idle. There are no connections and no scheduled tasks, yet SQL Server and Reporting Services together are using ~100 threads and up to 8% CPU. Is this normal? How can I tell it to let go of my processor and actually take a b... 24 Mar 2010 12:22
Official document about restoring SQL Server 2000 logs to SQL
Hi Uri, Thanks for your answer. In fact, I know that I can restore, I did a proof of concept, but my boss is looking for an official document that say it is supported by MS... So if you saw something on MSDN... Regards, Vincent "Uri Dimant" wrote: Hi You can restore database backed up on SQL Serv... 23 Mar 2010 07:52
Official document about restoring SQL Server 2000 logs to SQL 2K5
Hello, I am trying to get a document, a technote or something, telling officially that the transactional logs of a SQL Server 2000 SP3 can be restored to a SQL Server 2005 SP3 database. Did you see anything like that ? Thanks in advance, Regards, Vincent ... 22 Mar 2010 11:54
Logfile per Trigger
Hallo, Newsgroup, ich will mit einem trigger überwachen, ob in einer Tabelle Änderungen vorgenommen wurden.Mit "FOR inserte, update" bekomme ich die Änderungen in eine separate DB-Tabelle geschrieben. Aber wie komme ich an die deleted? Mein Problem ist, dass ich nicht ausschließlich auf die deleted-Tabelle zugre... 21 Mar 2010 08:19
Figuring sql server version via code
Hi Is it possible to check in .net; 1. If sql server 2008 express is installed on a machine? 2. The name of sql server 2008 express instance or instances? 3. If a particular sql server 2008 express instance contains a specific database? Many Thanks Regards ... 22 Mar 2010 14:16