First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51
can not create database
I am apart of the builtin\administrators group which has a server role as dbcreator. I attempt to create a dbase and get the following: CREATE DATABASE failed. Some file names listed could not be created. Check related errors. CREATE FILE encountered operating system error 5(Access is denied.) while attempti... 20 Apr 2010 18:34
BCP Import
Hi. I want to import all file in a folder through BCP. Let if there are file like A_1.txt A_2.txt A_3.txt B_1.txt B_2.txt I want is that all file stating with “A” should be imported in one table and files starting with “B” in another table through BCP. Regards, Muhammad Bilal ... 21 Apr 2010 03:16
receive emails into SQL server
Guys, Using Microsoft Exchange (not sure which version) and SQL2008(x64) We have a profile set up which can send emails out to users. I would like to have the facility for users to send emails directly to the server profile address and for the server to be able to strip the information from the body of the ema... 27 Apr 2010 14:30
unicode conversion
I have a sqlserver 2008 database that is currently using varchars. I need to move this to unicode. What is the best way to accomplish this task? Should I recreate the database using a certain character set (like utf-8) and then migrate the data or do I just do an alter table and move the fields from varchars... 19 Apr 2010 18:50
Best Practice for migrating from ntext to nvarchar(max) in SQL 200
1What is the best practice approach for migrating existing ntext columns to nvarchar(max) for both SQL 2005 and 2008? Is it as straightforward as ALTERing the table (e.g. ALTER TABLE X ALTER COLUMN Y NVARCHAR(max)) ? Do I need to perform an UPDATE on the altered columns SET COL = COL after the ALTER table so ... 19 Apr 2010 18:50
Exec Procedure within a View
Hi How can i execute a Procedure from within a View in SQL Server 2000. Regards, Muhammad Bilal ... 19 Apr 2010 11:34
cluster drives
hello, can anyone tell me how to find out the list of shared drives and fixed drives (C) on a cluster from command prompt or registry entry? i need to automate a tool for SQL Server to list out only the shared drives for a cluster where I can create databases. thanks. ... 19 Apr 2010 06:23
SQLIO crashing Windows 2008 R2 cluster
Half the times when we run a test it's bringing down the drive being tested and that is also bringing down SQL Server due to the dependency. Command being run: sqlio -kW -s10 -fsequential -o8 -b8 -LS -Fparam.txt timeout /T 10 Values in param.txt: H:\testfile.dat 2 0x0 50000 ERROR FROM APPLICATION EVENT LOG: ... 17 Apr 2010 22:55
In SQL Server 2005 you can use OPENROWSET with the SINGLE_BLOB** does not work for me on 2008
What do you get when you run the following query: SELECT image_data FROM OPENROWSET(BULK N'M:\Data\My Pictures\EG\CAI\019_19.JPG', SINGLE_BLOB) AS T(image_data); Also, using Access linked DB is not the best way to view SQL Server data. I suggest to query directly in SSMS query. -- Plamen Ratchev http://www... 17 Apr 2010 10:47
Change Data Capture: Preserve capture instance data when adding co
When a new column is added to table that is configured for change data capture (cdc), the capture instance table will not have the new column until cdc is disabled and re-enabled for the source table. In the process the existing capture instance is dropped. I thought I could copy existing data out to a temp t... 16 Apr 2010 14:00