First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58
Identify indexes with LOB data types
Hi, How do I query a database to identify indexes that contain fields with a LOB data type in a SQL Server database? Br. Mikael ... 29 Mar 2010 14:46
80 Compatibility Mode
I was wondering if anybody knows when 80 Compatibility mode is no longer going to be available or supported in SQL Server? I have programmers that still use 80 (because they need to fix the code) but I'm looking to move SQL 2008. I would like to push them so we are using the most current compatibility mode, b... 28 Mar 2010 16:48
Never mind, Re: Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server.Only an integrated connection can generate a user instance.
Harlan Messinger wrote: I'm using Visual Studio 2008 and SQL Server Express 2008. I've built the beginnings of an ASP.NET 3.5 app that reads a connection string from the configuration, in the usual way, and I can use LINQ-to-SQL against it and output listings of data from the database to a page with no p... 27 Mar 2010 12:00
Storing images in Sql database
Hi, I currently have a web server with a illustrations folder containing some 100,000 images of all types (gif/jpeg...). The folder is presenting a great management problem since it is really hard to load the entire content of that folder remotely, and it may take minutes to open that folder up. However, we've alre... 28 Mar 2010 15:41
Converting SQL Server 2005 to SQL Express 2008
Hi, Is there any challenges to converting a SQL Server 2005 to SQL Express 2008? If I used a BAK of a 2005 DB, can I restore it onto SQL Express 2008 similiar to the way SQL Server 2005 works without any problems? ... 26 Mar 2010 10:25
Retrieving sorted data from same table.
Hi All, I am working on a table (mentioned below) I am looking for a query which can get me the data according to the “id” column with respect to speed. The condition is that I have to get three consecutive entries which have speed > 60 Below is the sample table with data on which I have to retrieve the data ... 27 Mar 2010 10:52
Transactional Replication and Backups
hi, we just configured a transactional replication between a sql 2000 (publisher - distribuitor) and a sql 2008 (suscriber, extraction). My Question is, full backups of the published database are taking forever, a backup that usually takes 2 hours, today was like 11 hours (and we had to cancel it, didn't comple... 26 Mar 2010 09:11
Retrieve server machine info
Does anyone know of a way that I could write a stored procedure to retrieve information about the server host? What I'd like to be able to do is pull back the total available RAM, Available Disk Space [on the volume where the mdf/ldf are located], etc. This information would then be agregated into a monitoring ... 29 Mar 2010 09:09
access sql database from client machine
I am having a office network consisting of a SBS2003 Server and 12 Client Computers running Windows XP. Now on one of the XP computers I am running SQL7 which holds the database to the program I am running. Now when I log into the system with a username (lets say John) who is a domain user in my sbs sever who ... 25 Mar 2010 06:53
Updating Intellisense in Management Studio query editor
In Management Studio with SQL Server Express 2008, connected to a SQL Server and working in a query editor window, when I write a series of statements that include some that create tables or new columns within tables, the Intellisense doesn't take the new objects into account in code that follows it. Example: ... 24 Mar 2010 22:47