First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60
large number of sql server processes with vb6/ado app
I have to maintain a rather large vb6 app using ado and the standard sql client to connect to 2005/2008 database. The application opens an ADO connection from a 'menu' .exe, then the connection is passed to a number of activex dlls making up the bulk of the application. When the menu closes, the connection is c... 21 Mar 2010 18:36
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition Service Pack 3 (KB955706
Hi concerning Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition Service Pack 3 (KB955706) I have tried many many times to load this update and every time the error message tells me the the down-load failed. Why is that happening ... what must I do in order to down load this update. There is absolutely no help on the MS we... 19 Mar 2010 12:02
Is my database uppgraded?
I have some database that is restored in SQL 2008. I'm pretty sure that it's created in an earlier version of MSSQL but the one who restored it (an other company) say's it's created in SQL 2008. Is there a way to determine if a database on SQL 2008 is created in an earlier SQL Server version? Compabilitylevel sh... 22 Mar 2010 09:24
Log backup during full backup
I understand that with 2005 SQL now permits log backups to occur while a full backup is running. What are the ramifications of log backups that complete during a full backup? Are they usable? Should log backups be disabled before a full backup starts and then enabled again after the full backup completes? Con... 19 Mar 2010 12:02
Modifying user defined data type
Hi How can I modify a user defined data type which is assigned to several fields across db? Thanks Regards ... 19 Mar 2010 16:41
xp_smtp_sendmail
Hi, MSSQL2000 I still have my old application running on SQL2000, which uses xp_smtp_sendmail , a simple email sending Extendend store procedure which I downloaded from the web back in 2004. I remember it has some dll to register and few more steps. As I have to re-install the SQL, so lost these components... 19 Mar 2010 14:23
Profiler doesn't seem to work on filters
The loginName filter seems to work fine, but not the TextData filter. When I select the TextDataColumn and put 'GetPermissions%' in the LIKE fields, it still gives me everything. I am trying to run my applications to find all the places this is called so I set up the filter to only show me events where GetPer... 18 Mar 2010 21:15
Issue installing SQL Server 2005 with SSRS 64-bit on Windows Server 2008 SR2
When installing SQL Server 2005 64-bit on Windows Server 2008 SR2, it seems only allow the 32-bit version of SQL Server Reporting Services to be installed. There doesn't seem to be an option to install the 64- bit version. ASP.NET is installed as 64-bit, but a warning comes up saying that ASP.NET 32-bit needs to ... 19 Mar 2010 17:50
Running Engine Tuner
I am getting the following errors running the Engine Tuner on my trace. Could not find Stored Procedure dbo.TempGetStateItemExclusive3 Could not find Stored Procedure dbo.TempUpdateStateItemLong Could not find Stored Procedure dbo.TempReleaseStateItemExclusive Error encountered while generating reports. Write to ... 18 Mar 2010 15:31
transaction without a request
This doesn't return anything SELECT * FROM sys.dm_exec_requests WHERE Session_ID = 187 --this does SELECT * FROM sys.dm_tran_session_transactions WHERE Session_ID = 187 --as does this SELECT * FROM sys.dm_exec_sessions WHERE Session_ID = 187 how can a session be in a transaction without having an ac... 21 Mar 2010 06:06