First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65
SQL Server 2005: Management Studio missing after setup
hi everyone i already posted this in the setup group but couldn't get a reply up until now. yesterday i was experiencing some issues trying to install SQL Server 2005 on my Windows Server 2008 R2 box (64-bit). after i completed the installation i can't seem to find the SQL Management Studio. i have sele... 3 Mar 2010 04:05
maintenance plan log files
hi, After I moved sqlagent logs to another drive (Right click Error Logs - Configure -> change path), I found the Maintenance plans logs can't be generated any more. The job itseld on the job history runs successfully but if I right click maintenance plan-> view history-> show steps and I will see the red erro... 1 Mar 2010 16:29
Two Basic Questions.
Hello, I am new to MS SQL 2K, migrating from MySQL. First of all, this company I just started with has an MS SQL2K database sitting on a windows xp pro machine. We are moving it to MS Sever instead, don't know why it was on XP Pro - bad decision we think. Second, in MS SQL we need to update a field during an ... 5 Mar 2010 18:31
FTS: can I find texts not containing a specified word?
Hi everybody, Is there a way to find all records except the ones containing the specified word, for example, "research''? Unfortunately, texts don't have a common word that could be used as the first operand for operation &! I tried to use in CONTAINSTABLE() such combinations as "*" &! "research", "a" &! "... 1 Mar 2010 10:17
Repair SQL Corrupt database
Hi, I have a corrupt MS SQL Server 2005 database which I am trying to repair using: DBCC CHECKDB ('MYDB', REPAIR_ALLOW_DATA_LOSS) Unfortunately this does not seem to fix anything. After running the repair multiple times, I ran DBCC CHECKDB ('MYDB') WITH NO_INFOMSGS to see if it fixed the corruption, I ... 1 Mar 2010 03:43
Auto update statistics versus manual statistics update
I have the following two questions: 1) If auto update statistics is on, would there ever be a reason why I might want to run update statistics manually or via maintenance plan? 2) What condition triggers auto update statistics to run? If there are many insert/update/delete to a table, would SQL know to updat... 28 Feb 2010 03:29
Sacramento, CA SQL Server group
I'm looking for people in the Sacramento, CA area that would like monthly, or bi-monthly SQL Server User Group meetings. Though there are several rough spots to get over (not the least of which is a meeting place), I'm hoping that there are enough to make it worthwhile. ... 3 Mar 2010 19:49
Difference between ORDER BY column value and column alias between different version of SQL server.
On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 10:36:06 -0800 (PST), JimLad <jamesdbirch(a)yahoo.co.uk> wrote: Hi, SQL Server 2005/2008. Is the following correct (apologies for trivial example)? SELECT -member_id AS member_id FROM members m ORDER BY member_id --Orders by column alias SELECT -member_id AS member_id FRO... 26 Feb 2010 15:22
problem slow queries after installing sp4 on sql 2000
hi, we have a sql server 2000 sp3 on a w2003 and some days ago we installed sp4 to that sql instance. We are having some big problems with queries really slow down, taking to much long to complete or locking to themselves, ie. spid 105 locked by spid 105 if you throw a sp_who2. i've read that this was a common p... 26 Feb 2010 09:40
Can you restore a backup from newer version of SQL Server to older version, if in compatibility mode?
Can you restore a backup from newer version of SQL Server to older version if in compatbility mode? i.e. there is a db on SQL2005 running in SQL2000 compatibility mode. Can you restore a backup of this db onto SQL 2000? I'm pretty sure the answer is no - I just want an authoratitive answer. Cheers, James... 26 Feb 2010 14:15