First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61
Any hope for recovery of data?
We lost our full backup due to a system delete operation, our db went to suspect mode and upon recovery we deleted a bunch of unused tables. One table that was used got deleted as well. DB is in Simple recovery mode, therefore, no backups exist nor does anything else?? any way i can use the tran log to recover ... 18 Mar 2010 04:51
Best SQL Backup Solution.
Hello All, New to the forum and look forward to getting and giving help. I am in the process of researching some sql backup solutions. Few thing I was looking for was; Object level restoration, High Compression, Centralized Management and lastly fast backup and restoration. I have found three solution that meet the... 19 Mar 2010 21:16
ALTER INDEX REORGANIZE\REBUILD
I have a weird issue. I have a job that will rebuild the indexes if fragmentation is over 30 percent. If it is under 30 percent it will reorganize. I have a perflog from last night indicating that there was an alter index, and the command was insert table1 select * from table1. Is it possible that the reorg ... 17 Mar 2010 12:31
Deprecated features/breaking changes in sql server 2008 r2?
Hi, The current What's New for 2008 R2 includes all the 2008 stuff. If I am running 2008 and my customer is running 2008R2, do I need to worry about deprecated features or breaking changes? Do I need to run Upgrade Advisor again? Have there been any changes to the database engine? I am aware that the database... 17 Mar 2010 12:31
No providers show with linked servers
We are trying to add a linked server on a SQL Server 2005 box. On all of our other boxes we have a list of providers. But on one particular server there are none. How do we add providers to the server. I do not want to reinstall because this is a production server. Any ideas? ... 16 Mar 2010 18:37
Error setting Maintenance Plan
I am getting similar error, I have SQL2K5 with SP2... thanks.. ... 16 Mar 2010 17:26
How to restore Point In Time in this situation ?
Hi, We are new to SQL Server 2008. We make daily FULL backup of production database at night and transaction log backup every hour by maintenance plan. We also grant privilege to run FULL Database Backup by using the following SQL: BACKUP DATABASE [Finance_Live] TO DISK = N'D:\FINBackup\FLIVE.bak' WITH IN... 17 Mar 2010 17:26
message not appearing
I don't know where to post this so I thought I'd start here. I posted 2 messaged in the microsoft.public.sqlserver.integrationsvcs newsgroup last Monday - neither have appeared. I reposted today and it still hasn't shown up. The last message in that newsgroup is from 3/10/2010 - 5 days ago. This doesn't see... 16 Mar 2010 12:33
SQL Server maxes out at 100% CPU!
Every few days, our SQL 2008 server comes to a crawl and we have to reboot it. The CPU becomes pegged at 100%. I ran a query to roll-up my wait type counts. The top 3 wait types are SOS_SCHEDULER_YIELD, CXPACKET, and ASYNC_NETWORK_IO. Their wait time in seconds are 828426, 183026, 156414 respectively. Does... 16 Mar 2010 03:33
Locating Invalid rows after restoring S2K db to S2K8 (DBCC err
Yes,, we tried this, but to no avail... "Dan Guzman" wrote: In addition to the query above, we have tried locating rows with invalid columns in them with a where clause referencing other (valid) fields (and values) in the row. No luck. Are you able to return a problem row using *on... 15 Mar 2010 21:52