First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52
Primary database deleted and need to stop log shipping now
One of my N/A's deleted a primary database in SQL 2005 which had log shipping configured. Needless to say, now I get errors in the log shipping reports and event viewer. I have removed the SQL Agent jobs for the backup, copy & restore jobs for this database in Mangement Studio. However, I stil see the errors... 17 Apr 2010 01:04
SQL Server 2008 64bit services fail to start
Hey all, Last weekend we had to turn our servers off due to a power grid update in our office. When we started them back up the services on our test SQL box will not start. I have confirmed that the login for the domain account that is running the services is ok. I also changed it to run the local servvice a... 16 Apr 2010 17:21
Full vs Simple Recovery Mode
In general, is there any harm in making all databses Simple recovery other than losing ability to recover point-in-time? Do some products require that their databases are in Full mode for some internal maintenence proceses to work? I have about 30 production databases on a SQL Server 2005 Standard server. I'... 16 Apr 2010 14:00
Reporting Services subscription permissions issue?
We have a subscription that runs one of our reports and exports it to PDF. However, we get the following message when trying to run the subscription. !WindowsService_9!940!04/14/2010-16:55:21:: i INFO: Error writing file 2153632.pdf to path \\server\dirctory. I have set the permissions on the directory to fu... 14 Apr 2010 21:11
performance
I am testing some query execution times on a database. I have six queries and executed them 2 times to get the execution times. Then I execute the ALTER INDEX ALL ... REBUILD for all the indexes and REBUILD the catalogs (full text search). In the third pass at all the queries, the execution time increased, howe... 14 Apr 2010 15:35
check contraint based on another column
In SQL 2008 std, I want to default some value in a column based on another column value within the same table For example, if column A has a value of 0, then column B can only have a value 1. If column A has a value of 1, then column B can only have a value of 2. If column A has other values, column B has 3. C... 15 Apr 2010 05:54
I: ODBC error
Dear ALL, I got a classic error like his: Error: 18452 Login failed for user '(null)'. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. But, all XP clients with the same setting are running proprely and just the windows 2000 pro one returns that kind of error. Anyone c... 13 Apr 2010 12:50
I: ODBC error
Dear ALL, I got a classic error like his: Error: 18452 Login failed for user '(null)'. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. But, all XP clients with the same setting are running proprely and just the windows 2000 pro one returns that kind of error. Anyone... 13 Apr 2010 12:50
How to Use Powershell to Exec an "ALTER PROC" Script on EveryDB
On 4/13/2010 7:17 AM, nzrdb6 wrote: Hi, I'm a PS newbie. How do i use it to update an SP on every DB? I've got 100 DBs on my instance and I need to make a small tweak to an SP on all the DBs. Thanks Install SQLPSX (http://sqlpsx.codeplex.com/). Then from a PS cmd use something like: PS > $instance... 13 Apr 2010 09:29
Backup issue
I noticed that my server backup is running terribly slow at some times. I suspect that this is somehow linked to SQL VSS Writer service. Unfortunately I'm a complete newbie in SQL management and couldn't figure out where to look to get to some logs or something that would tell me what is that service doing. Any hel... 13 Apr 2010 09:29