First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
Cannot connect to Database Engine
Hello, I had installed SQL Server 2008 Developer Edition (as Administrator) recently on my HP Vista Laptop and initially it gave me some errors n then i reinstalled it again and i was able to connect to the Database Engine and all other services. Now, i have another Admin Account by name of ZAKI and i logge... 17 May 2010 06:57
Problem with Implicit conversion of varchar value to varchar cannot be performed because the collation of the value is unresolved due to a collation conflict
Hi, I'm unable to modify my view due to an error: Implicit conversion of varchar value to varchar cannot be performed because the collation of the value is unresolved due to a collation conflict Database colation is set to SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS Here is my ddl: CREATE TABLE [dbo].[TB_INDUSTRIEKALENDE... 17 May 2010 18:02
DB1 filegroup backups used to refresh same filegroup on DB2 ?
I have TestDB1 comprised of 5 filegroups, which I've completed full/log backups to to restore as TestDB2. When data changes within one filegroup on TestDB1, I've taken a diff' + tlog backup and tried to use it to restore on TestDB2 so that same filegroup would be essentially refreshed. My execution sequence ... 14 May 2010 16:09
Filegroup restore used to selectively refresh filegroup in 2nd db.
I have TestDB1 comprised of 5 filegroups, which I've completed full/log backups to to restore as TestDB2. When data changes within one filegroup on TestDB1, I've taken a diff' + tlog backup and tried to use it to restore on TestDB2 so that same filegroup would be essentially refreshed. My execution sequence ... 14 May 2010 12:50
TSQL Date help
SQL Server 2000 SP4 - Windows 2003 SP2. I have a query that creates a report for monthly enetered data in the database. It has to get all the data entered from and incluced the first day of the month and the last day of the month (Even if the first day or the last day of the month are Saturdays or sundays). ... 18 May 2010 10:22
Error during pre-login handshake: SSL certificates and IIS?!
Hello Scott, I ran into the same issue: after discovering that my IIS on 2003SBS didn't have any installed default certificate (which seemed *very* strange to me), I managed to install a certificate with SelfSSL. Actually, I did it three times, so I had three different certificates installed. After rebooting the se... 14 May 2010 10:37
Single File/Filegroup Restore Failing
I'm missing something here but haven't figured it out so, I could use some help. I have a test database (TestDB1) with four filegroups, each filegroup has just one file. If I take full backups of the primary and remaing filegroups and then restore as another database with different name (TestDB2), that work... 14 May 2010 05:11
MSSQL2008: Configuration Documenter Tool available ?
Hello guys, does any know if there is a tool to automatically document MSSQL 2008 configuration's important elements to a HTML file ? thanks in advance Sven ... 13 May 2010 13:50
how to logon?
Hi, My SQL Server 2008 R2 is in a Workgroup, while the PC with the management tools (sql 2008 R2 version) is in the same LAN, but in a domain. I can ping the sql server from this pc. For this testing I disabled the firewall on sql server. SQL server is in Windows Authentication mode. The protocols "shared memo... 14 May 2010 22:41
Release free space reserved for tables
I recently migrated a 1.4 TB database from SQL Server 2000 to 2008. More recently I did a DBCC UPDATEUSAGE on tables that are not written to 24/7 (e.g. appended to during a nightly window but only read from throughout the day). Now sp_spaceused shows some tables with a significant amount of unused space. As the ... 13 May 2010 18:18