From: Jolly Roger on
In article <elmop-12502E.05300202012010(a)nothing.attdns.com>,
"Elmo P. Shagnasty" <elmop(a)nastydesigns.com> wrote:

> In article <hhmi2e$3tc$1(a)reader1.panix.com>,
> jbrock(a)panix.com (John Brock) wrote:
>
> > We're not interested in speed or ultra-high quality photos or
> > multi-function; we're looking for robustness and simplicity above
> > all. We'd like our mother to be able to change the ink cartridges
> > by herself! Beyond that, we're looking for a major brand with good
> > OS X support, and not overly expensive (especially the ink). Under
> > $200 certainly, and under $100 would be nice. Given these criteria,
> > what would be the best choice?
>
> Brother. Hands down.

You've got to be kidding me. Their software flat-out sucks!

JR
From: Jolly Roger on
In article <010120102230106163%nospam(a)nospam.invalid>,
nospam <nospam(a)nospam.invalid> wrote:

> In article <postings-A1200E.16225102012010(a)news.bigpond.com>, David
> <postings(a)REMOVE-TO-REPLYconfidential-counselling.com> wrote:
>
> > Any of the HP or Canons in basic form should do the trick - certainly
> > avoid Epson (even though they do print nicely) as she will be forever
> > cleaning heads.
>
> they don't clog in normal use.

Ahem. Excuse me, but bullshit. I and my family have had several of them
clog up and die within one or two years, rendering them completely
useless.

JR
From: Lloyd Parsons on
In article <jollyroger-76EF6F.10281402012010(a)news.individual.net>,
Jolly Roger <jollyroger(a)pobox.com> wrote:

> In article <elmop-12502E.05300202012010(a)nothing.attdns.com>,
> "Elmo P. Shagnasty" <elmop(a)nastydesigns.com> wrote:
>
> > In article <hhmi2e$3tc$1(a)reader1.panix.com>,
> > jbrock(a)panix.com (John Brock) wrote:
> >
> > > We're not interested in speed or ultra-high quality photos or
> > > multi-function; we're looking for robustness and simplicity above
> > > all. We'd like our mother to be able to change the ink cartridges
> > > by herself! Beyond that, we're looking for a major brand with good
> > > OS X support, and not overly expensive (especially the ink). Under
> > > $200 certainly, and under $100 would be nice. Given these criteria,
> > > what would be the best choice?
> >
> > Brother. Hands down.
>
> You've got to be kidding me. Their software flat-out sucks!

You must be kidding me! Their software is just fine, including the
little toolbar thingie.

But then, who uses the software that comes with the scanner much anyway?
I sure don't and many I talk to don't.

Give me a solid driver (check), a simple interface for quick scans
(check), and work with my very good Apple software (check)
From: Jolly Roger on
In article <lloydparsons-870CD1.10351902012010(a)port80.individual.net>,
Lloyd Parsons <lloydparsons(a)mac.com> wrote:

> In article <jollyroger-76EF6F.10281402012010(a)news.individual.net>,
> Jolly Roger <jollyroger(a)pobox.com> wrote:
>
> > In article <elmop-12502E.05300202012010(a)nothing.attdns.com>,
> > "Elmo P. Shagnasty" <elmop(a)nastydesigns.com> wrote:

> > > Brother. Hands down.
> >
> > You've got to be kidding me. Their software flat-out sucks!
>
> You must be kidding me! Their software is just fine, including the
> little toolbar thingie.
>
> But then, who uses the software that comes with the scanner much anyway?
> I sure don't and many I talk to don't.
>
> Give me a solid driver (check), a simple interface for quick scans
> (check), and work with my very good Apple software (check)

Not the Bother software I've had to troubleshoot for a family member
(for a Brother MFC-4420C).

JR
From: Howard Brazee on
I thought most all computers work simply and automatically. But my
mother's in her 80s and has had several computers (with several
versions of Windows), and most every time I visit her, I have to get
it working again for her.

It's not the OS, it's not the printer, and she objects vigorously to
any implication that it's her.

My printer predates my Mac by a decade. My wife's is pretty new. I
can use them both with no problem from my Mac.

- James Madison
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Prev: OKI 5800 Reset counters