From: nospam on
In article <hhnejc191d(a)news6.newsguy.com>, J.J. O'Shea
<try.not.to(a)but.see.sig> wrote:

> >> Any of the HP or Canons in basic form should do the trick - certainly
> >> avoid Epson (even though they do print nicely) as she will be forever
> >> cleaning heads.
> >
> > they don't clog in normal use.
>
> Wanna bet on that?

yes. if you turn off the printer when not in use, the heads park on a
sponge so they don't dry out. of course, if you buy cheap ink or leave
the printer on all the time, then it might clog, but that's not how
it's supposed to be used.

> > what kind of post office sells printer
> > ink??
>
> Lots of them. Just down the road from my office there's a postal agency that
> sells discount ink. And, for larger definitions of 'post office', pretty much
> any UPS or FedEx establishment sells ink.

where? in the usa, i've never seen printer ink sold in a post office,
fed ex, ups or even mailbox etc. type place. lots of shipping supplies,
but not printer ink.
From: nospam on
In article <jollyroger-6E5BBD.10301102012010(a)news.individual.net>,
Jolly Roger <jollyroger(a)pobox.com> wrote:

> > > Any of the HP or Canons in basic form should do the trick - certainly
> > > avoid Epson (even though they do print nicely) as she will be forever
> > > cleaning heads.
> >
> > they don't clog in normal use.
>
> Ahem. Excuse me, but bullshit. I and my family have had several of them
> clog up and die within one or two years, rendering them completely
> useless.

most likely from improper use.
From: nospam on
In article <m6uuj5pm7au63l5n062pqqa8j62jffr44e(a)4ax.com>, Howard Brazee
<howard(a)brazee.net> wrote:

> Not printing enough can dry out cartridges and be expensive as well.

true, and can cause clogs.
From: nospam on
In article <jollyroger-C67B0A.11530302012010(a)news.individual.net>,
Jolly Roger <jollyroger(a)pobox.com> wrote:

> Most cheap, low-quality printers require you to clean the heads
> regularly just to keep them operating correctly.

nonsense. epsons do a clean cycle automatically, and the longer the
printer is off, the more thorough the cycle is. if you have a major
clog problem, it's not the printer's fault.
From: heiko recktenwald on
John Brock schrieb:
> Beyond that, we're looking for a major brand with good
> OS X support, and not overly expensive (especially the ink). Under
> $200 certainly, and under $100 would be nice. Given these criteria,
> what would be the best choice?

Try to get a used office Laser printer with network printing capability,
for example an old HP Laserjet 5 combined with HPs Jetdirect, very
cheap, very powerfull, good for all sort of computer and you can even
print photos (in b/w),

H.
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Prev: OKI 5800 Reset counters
Next: Epson R-300