From: kiromark on
On Jan 2, 8:30 am, Jolly Roger <jollyro...(a)pobox.com> wrote:
> In article <010120102230106163%nos...(a)nospam.invalid>,
>
>  nospam <nos...(a)nospam.invalid> wrote:
> > In article <postings-A1200E.16225102012...(a)news.bigpond.com>, David
> > <posti...(a)REMOVE-TO-REPLYconfidential-counselling.com> wrote:
>
> > > Any of the HP or Canons in basic form should do the trick - certainly
> > > avoid Epson (even though they do print nicely) as she will be forever
> > > cleaning heads.
>
> > they don't clog in normal use.
>
> Ahem. Excuse me, but bullshit. I and my family have had several of them
> clog up and die within one or two years, rendering them completely
> useless.
>
> --
> Send responses to the relevant news group rather than email to me.
> E-mail sent to this address may be devoured by my very hungry SPAM
> filter. Due to Google's refusal to prevent spammers from posting
> messages through their servers, I often ignore posts from Google
> Groups. Use a real news client if you want me to see your posts.
>
> JR

I don't understand this group's brand loyalty name calling. The fact
is, most printers do a good job. I personally still use a 740i (10
years, got it with the first imac), a PIXMA MP160, and a HP allinone
(at the office, something like 5100 or so?). I have had clogs in both
my epson 740, AND my HP. Just run the cleaning cycle, that is what
it's made for...
Personally, I prefer the Epson and Canon for printing photographs (I
also use a photo 1400) and flyers (I do a lot of that) because of
sharper colors and better balance. I use the HP mainly to copy and
print forms (it's faster). I think one should use the right tool for
the task, and not be limited by brand loyalty.

Kiromark
From: erilar on
In article <hhq8mi$ilg$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
TJ <TJ(a)noneofyour.business> wrote:

> Most intensive discussion this one little post spawned. Fascinating on
> how it developed, too. The debate is about why some folks experience
> clogging with Epsons and others don't. The defenders start by saying
> they don't clog with "proper" use, but when others dispute that claim
> that defense somehow changed to "normal" use.
>
> Guess what, people? "Normal" use probably isn't what Epson considers
> "proper!"

8-) Ah, yes, we sticklers for "proper" look down our noses at "normal",
I guess.

--
Erilar, biblioholic medievalist

http://www.chibardun.net/~erilarlo
From: erilar on
In article <jollyroger-F46EFC.19294402012010(a)news.individual.net>,
Jolly Roger <jollyroger(a)pobox.com> wrote:

> You just can't stop harping on the clog problem. Fine - I'll come out
> and say it: A printer that dries up if you don't pint to it once a week
> is a CRAPPY PRINTER.

Well, my old Epson 740 always worked fine when I put it to work after a
month's absence each spring. . . but maybe you're referring to HP or
Brother??

From: erilar on
In article <020120101623003312%nospam(a)nospam.invalid>,
nospam <nospam(a)nospam.invalid> wrote:

> In article <postings-6FC84D.10534903012010(a)news.bigpond.com>, David
> <postings(a)REMOVE-TO-REPLYconfidential-counselling.com> wrote:
>
> > > they don't clog in normal use
> >
> > True, while they are in use - but leave them sitting for a week and you
> > have to clean the heads.
>
> did you turn the printer off after using it, or was it on the entire
> week? when off, the heads park on a waste pad, effectively sealing
> them. if you left it on, then you probably will get a clog.

Maybe that's one reason mine behaved so well for so long. I turn off
the power strips all my computer-related equipment is plugged into
before going away or going to bed. 2 clicks is so much easier than
remembering to turn off odds and ends and probably saves a kilowatt now
and then.

From: nospam on
In article <hhq386$mo6$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>, Jan Alter
<bearpuf(a)verizon.net> wrote:

> In reference to an Epson clogging in humid weather I have found it to be
> completely opposite. Moisture will help to keep the heads from drying out.

that makes sense, but epson doesn't recommend using the printer in very
dry and very humid conditions.

> As a matter of practice when the teachers at my school packed up more than
> 60 Epson printers for the summer in plastic bags to store them for ten weeks
> I would always recommend they place a dampened sponge in the bag (not in the
> printer) to help keep humidity levels high. On return in September the
> printers would all work, and I used this routine for ten years, 'til I
> retired in '08.

i doubt that had much of an effect, but whatever works :)
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Prev: OKI 5800 Reset counters
Next: Epson R-300