From: spudnik on
whoever thinks that "p = mv" has units of a force -- and
what in Hell is the role of the Coriolis force in all o'this?

> Dear spudnik:  To whom are you replying?  — NE —

thus:
most of these things, you mention, are just theoretical
interpretations from the Schroedinger's cat school
of Copenhagen, "reifying the math" of the probabilities;
they don't actually have any bearing on the correctness
of QM or GR or SR or any thing, nor
on your so-called theory. but,
why do you say that conversation of momentum
supposedly doesn't apply to a split quantum
of light in some standard theory?

and poor Nein Ein Stein believes that p = mv is a force and
that F = ma is not,
merely from a didactic say-so of his (in some sort
of pidgen English, which could be the whole problem).

> - The future determines the past
> - Virtual particles exist out of nothing
> - Conservation of momentum does not apply to a downgraded photon pair
> - A C-60 molecule can enter, travel through, and exit multiple slits
> simultaneously without requiring energy, releasing energy, or having
> a change in momentum.
> - Matter causes physical space to be 'unflat' but not move
> - Michelson's "aether displacement to the electric current" is
> different than Maxwell's displacement current
> - Mass is not conserved.
> - An electromagnetic field to have momentum.

--Light: A History!
http://wlym.TAKEtheGOOGOLout.com
From: NoEinstein on
On May 3, 12:02 pm, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

Dear PD, Dunce: That little physics book I which referenced ERRED by
implying that the 'units' of momentum is... "pound-feet/second."
Momentum is velocity PROPORTIONAL. The latter doesn't require that
the... "units" of the math be in the result! The air-head physicists
who teach the courses don't know that a Momentum is simply a FORCE in
pounds (not pound-feet/sec). Realizing the latter fact allows setting
Newton's F = ma and F = mv to be equal. FORCES are the same in both
cases! Since everyone with half a brain knows that ACCELERATION isn't
= Velocity, then one of those equations has to be WRONG. Newton erred
by having the 'm' in his equation at all! His equation should have
been written: F = v / 32.174 (m). Note: for unit masses, the 'm'
isn't there! If the 'v' is also 32.174 ft./sec., then the "force"
would be just the static, Earth weight of the object. Double the v,
and the force becomes two Earth weights, and etc. You should note
that that latter equation is the second part of my... KE = a/g (m) +
v / 32.174 (m). VELOCITY is the determinate! And there is no need to
explain about... SLUGS! — NoEinstein —

From: NoEinstein on
On May 3, 12:49 pm, Ralph Garbage <ralph.rabbi...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 3, 7:53 am, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On May 1, 8:33 pm, NoEinstein <noeinst...(a)bellsouth.net> wrote:
>
> > > On May 1, 11:04 am, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Nice "try" PD:  Like I've told you a hundred times, PARAPHRASE, or
> > > copy, what you want me to read.  You, an imbecile, don't qualify to
> > > tell me (who's off the top of the I. Q. chart) what I should do.  You
> > > can only dream that I would care to follow your instructions, in any
> > > regard.  — NoEinstein —
>
> > OK, so I take it that you refuse to do one of these steps
> >  1) Vacate your chair
> >  2) Take your butt to the library
> >  3) Open the book to the pages I mentioned
> >  4) Read
> > either because you're incapable of it or you are too lazy.
>
> > Sorry, but I am not a nursemaid, and I don't cut other people's meat
> > for them, and I don't serve their meat on a rubber coated spoon, even
> > if they whine that they won't eat it any other way. Starve, if you
> > like.
>
> He wouldn't accept it if you did. The ghost of Einstein so severely
> vexes John that he's paralyzed with the fear of having to face the
> obvious fact that he's very, very stupid. The only thing remarkable
> about John is just how vacant he is.- Hide quoted text -

Ralph WHO? — NE —
From: Timo Nieminen on
On Tue, 4 May 2010, NoEinstein wrote:

> On May 3, 5:10 am, Timo Nieminen <t...(a)physics.uq.edu.au> wrote:
> >
> Dear Timo: There was a jealous tone to your insistence that I stop
> whatever I'm doing and start doing experiments to define how best to
> correct Newton's errant Law of Universal (sic) Gravitation.

Don't lie. I insisted no such thing, did not suggest that _you_ do any
such experiments.

I said it might be worthwhile for _me_ to do the experiment.

_I_ am not _you_, and I don't see why, given your great intellect, you
would misunderstand.

What is necessary for the experiment to be worth doing is a quantitative
prediction of how large the effect should be. If your ability is within an
order of magnitude of what you claim, this should take you no more than a
few hours (at the absolute most; well under an hour is far more likely).
You don't care to provide the necessary information - not my problem, I
simply won't do the experiment.
From: NoEinstein on
On May 3, 12:53 pm, Ralph Garbage <ralph.rabbi...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 3, 8:02 am, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On May 1, 9:01 pm, NoEinstein <noeinst...(a)bellsouth.net> wrote:
>
> > > On Apr 27, 10:16 am, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Dear PD, the Parasite Dunce:  Several times before you have referenced
> > > Newton's ERRANT F = ma.
>
> > Ah, excellent, just so it's clear. You're problem then isn't with
> > Einstein and the physics of the 20th century. It's with all of physics
> > since the 1600's. Basically, it's just ALL plain wrong, everything
> > that is taught to schoolchildren from the 3rd grade on. And you, in
> > your infinite genius, have discovered this by the power of reason.
>
> > > Most equations that contain a "mass" can be
> > > changed to be a UNIT mass of one pound (or whatever).  The "textbook"
> > > definition of MOMENTUM is F = mv.
>
> > I'm sorry, but that equation appears in no textbook anywhere.
> > If you disagree, cite the textbook and the page number.
>
> > > The latter mass can also be changed
> > > to be a unit mass of one pound (or whatever).  SO... Since both
> > > equations are forces,
>
> > First of all, you just said it was an equation for momentum (though
> > you got it wrong), not a force.
>
> > Good heavens, John, you've gotten confused two equations for two
> > different quantities, you can't even get one written down right and
> > you call the other one wrong.
>
> > You're a mental case, John.
>
> He's just extremely stupid.- Hide quoted text -

Ralph WHO? — NE —