From: NoEinstein on
On May 4, 2:07 pm, af...(a)FreeNet.Carleton.CA (John Park) wrote:

Dear John: Everything I do is reasonable; that's how I work! —
NoEinstein —

From: NoEinstein on
On May 4, 2:53 pm, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

PD loves to extrapolate things into unworkability, so he can claim
everything was invalid. MOMENTUM is: F = mv, expressed in pounds.
He'll find that same equation (but not the correct units, pounds) in
most textbooks. — NE —

From: NoEinstein on
On May 4, 7:39 pm, spudnik <Space...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> whoever thinks that "p = mv" has units of a force -- and
> what in Hell is the role of the Coriolis force in all o'this?

Dear spudnik: Sometimes the letter 'p' is used for pressure, which is
force per unit area. If a big football lineman ran into you, I
suppose you'd feel more of the pressure than the force. Coriolis
wrote formulas which account for the spiral of water going down
drains, and the spiral of winds going from high pressure toward low
press areas. He also explained why the rotation direction changes
depending on the location north or south of the equator. The latter
was brilliant and is still used today in making weather predictions.
Coriolis's big goof was to try to explain why wooden (plank) foot
bridges would be more likely to break if the person jumped up and down
in the middle. He attributed that to the 'exponential' increase in KE
due to the person's velocity. But what he never realized is that all
materials respond poorly to RAPIDLY APPLIED LOADS. It was the change
in the strength of the plank more than the increase in KE! That is
another of my contributions to science which I failed to list a week
or so ago. — NoEinstein —

From: NoEinstein on
On May 4, 7:59 pm, Timo Nieminen <t...(a)physics.uq.edu.au> wrote:

Dear Timo: Obviously, you want an 'out'. You were so insistent that
the numbers be right, and the math be done before performing
experiments, that I assumed you were wanting ME to do all of those
things. But if you are wishing to do the experiment, yourself, why
didn't you say just that? Anyway... The gravity results should be
more pronounced at temperatures of white hot steel (1,700 degrees F.,
plus). If you could get cast tungsten balls, the temperature could be
closer to 5,000 degrees F. Of course the wires holding the balls
should be tungsten as well. Do this experiment, and you could become
acclaimed in your own right. Good luck! — NoEinstein —

From: NoEinstein on
On May 4, 8:03 pm, spudnik <Space...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

Dear spudnik: You are right about the history. But after Newton
claimed his law was... "universal" it never occurred to him nor anyone
that hot objects have a higher gravity per unit of mass. Later
scientists, in estimating the mass of the galaxies and the whole
universe, used the brightness of the heavens for figuring how many
Milky Ways are out there. When they missed the mass of the Sun, they
missed the mass of everything else. Overestimating the masses
revolving in the galaxies, caused them to over-estimate the FORCE of
gravity needed to hold the stars in orbits about the center of the
galaxies. That caused them to WRONGLY assume that there must be a
super-massive black hole in the center of our galaxy. But of course
I've proved that black holes come in one basic size and have ZERO
gravity. Since there is no molecular motion possible, the temperature
is close to absolute zero. The radiation from nearby stars can
evaporate (or sublimate) away the matter on the outside of a black
hole. IF a comet or wandering star happens to hit a black hole, the
entire energy could un compact in an explosion like a quasar. One
shouldn't crash things into black holes! It would be like splitting
open a big can of springs. Once the can goes the springs will shoot
everywhere. — NoEinstein —