From: Timo Nieminen on
On Thu, 6 May 2010, NoEinstein wrote:

> “My theory”, counter to Newton’s Law of Universal (sic) Gravity,
> states that the gravity of a star is directly proportional to the
> temperature-determined, photon emissions over the entire surface area
> of the star (without needing to consider the mass).

Measurements of the "mass" of stars in binary systems are really
measurements of the gravitational force of stars in binary systems. If
you're right, a plot bolometric luminosity versus measured "mass" of stars
in binary systems should give a straight line (within experimental error).
Since you're obviously smart enough to have realised this long ago, and
are also obviously smart enough to have checked this yourself, what was
the result?

The "mass", as measured from binary orbits, is available for many stars
(including nearby ones such as Alpha Centari A and B, Sirius A and B),
and the relevant information is readily available online, so I suppose I
could check this myself if you don't care enough to provide the result (or
didn't care enough to bother checking something so trivial).

If it isn't a directly proportional linear relationship, what would that
mean?

> Timo, because of what I’ve
> just reasoned… your Cavendish may not be sensitive enough. Until
> someone does an “every star” gravity weave calculation for, say, the
> Milky Way, I don’t know if there is a 22.25% underestimate of star
> gravity, or a 5%.

So, you don't know? Why not apply your mighty intellect and provide the
answer?

> Consider this: If you can heat one ball white hot,
> and you DO detect a greater gravity, you’ve confirmed my theory.

It would _support_ your theory, not confirm it in any absolute sense.
If one tries this and _doesn't_ detect a greater gravitational force,
would that mean your theory is wrong and it's time to forget it and move
on?

From: PD on
On May 6, 8:42 pm, NoEinstein <noeinst...(a)bellsouth.net> wrote:
> On May 5, 10:24 am, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Dear PD, the Parasite Dunce: If you have "other" supporting evidence
> for Lorentz (ha!), paraphrase it!  You are all bluster and no
> substance!  — NoEinstein —

John, as I said, there are SCORES of independent experiments that have
all provided experimental evidence. You might as well be asking for a
paraphrased summary of the support for Newton's laws of motion.

If you want to understand the depth of the experimental support, then
you're going to have to immerse yourself in the OVERWHELMINGLY MASSIVE
documentation of that support. That's the only way to truly convince
yourself.

From: PD on
On May 6, 8:50 pm, NoEinstein <noeinst...(a)bellsouth.net> wrote:
> On May 5, 11:36 am, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Dear PD:  When Maxwell urged Michelson to conduct the M-M experiment,
> they were expecting a uniform, velocity-proportional, drag on light.

And this was 20 years before relativity was ever introduced.
My post to you was about what *relativity* says, not what was thought
20 years before relativity was discovered.

From: PD on
On May 6, 8:54 pm, NoEinstein <noeinst...(a)bellsouth.net> wrote:
> On May 5, 11:43 am, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> OH?  Then please explain, PD, how a UNIFORM force input—the static
> weight of the falling object—can cause a semi-parabolic increase in
> the KE.  Haven't you heard?:  Energy IN must = energy OUT!   —
> NoEinstein —

I have explained this to you dozens of times. I gather that you do not
remember any of those posts, and you do not know how to use your
newsreader or Google to go back and find any of those dozens of times
when it has been explained to you.

I surmise that you are slipping into dementia, where each day begins
anew, with any lessons learned the previous day forgotten.

I don't think it's a good use of my time to explain the same thing to
you each day, only to have you retire at night and forget it by
morning, do you?

PD

From: PD on
On May 6, 8:57 pm, NoEinstein <noeinst...(a)bellsouth.net> wrote:
> On May 5, 12:04 pm, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Tell me, PD: If I'm so "poorly suited" for scientific work, how is it
> that I've made a greater contribution to physics than all of the
> previous physicists put together?   — NoEinstein —

And if you're so poorly suited for architecture, how is it that you
have designed the grandest performance halls and the tallest buildings
in the world?

What's the weather like today in NoEinsteinLand?