From: NoEinstein on
On May 6, 10:07 pm, NoEinstein <noeinst...(a)bellsouth.net> wrote:
> On May 5, 12:23 pm, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Consider this, PD:  The validity of any science theory is inversely
> proportional to the time spend debating it.  Einstein's 'relativity'
> has been debated for over a century, and such is patently WRONG!  —
> NoEinstein —
>

> > On May 5, 2:30 am, NoEinstein <noeinst...(a)bellsouth.net> wrote:
>
> > > On May 4, 11:33 am, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > PD:  And the point of your 'addition' extrapolation is?  Your science
> > > notions are shallow enough without implying that I have disavowed
> > > common math.  If Einstein had known how to do simple math—nowhere in
> > > evidence in his (mindless) equation physics—perhaps the dark ages of
> > > Einstein wouldn't have lasted so long.  — NoEinstein —
>
> > You made a general statement that if something is generally accepted,
> > then that is a sign that it is nearly certainly WRONG.
>
> > Now you don't seem so sure.
>
> > You don't want to disavow common math, but you are certainly willing
> > to disavow common, grade school mechanics like Newton's 2nd law. And I
> > want to point out again that this has nothing to do with the "dark
> > ages of Einstein", since Newton's 2nd law has been around for 323
> > years! You've decided that all of physics since Galileo and Newton are
> > the dark ages! Einstein has nothing to do with your complaint.
>
> > PD- Hide quoted text -

Correction: Make that poorly SPENT... the d and the t are too close
together, and my eyes don't like the small Google window size. — NE —
From: Y.Porat on
On May 9, 6:13 am, NoEinstein <noeinst...(a)bellsouth.net> wrote:
> On May 5, 12:13 pm, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> 'C' is close, PD.  If you like quizzes, how come you never took my:
> Pop Quiz for Science Buffs!http://groups.google.com/group/sci.physics/browse_frm/thread/43f6f316...
> ?  You're more than happy to divert attention from your non-
> understanding of science.  90% of the readers surely realize that.  —
> NE —
>

> > On May 5, 2:42 am, NoEinstein <noeinst...(a)bellsouth.net> wrote:
>
> > > On May 4, 11:39 am, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Dear Dunce:  Those who... escape into books are the ones with the
> > > phobias—mainly being found-out not to have much common sense.  —
> > > NoEinstein —
>
> > Common sense is a liar and a cheat, NoEinstein.
> > Here is an example, in a multiple-choice question. Which answer is
> > correct?
> > You toss a watermelon horizontally off the roof of a 10-story
> > building. Which statement is correct about the motion of the
> > watermelon, according to your common sense?
> > a) The horizontal motion slows down until gravity can overcome the
> > horizontal motion and drive vertical motion.
> > b) Gravity turns horizontal motion into vertical motion.
> > c) The horizontal motion stays completely unchanged, and vertical
> > motion is added by gravity.
> > d) The watermelon proceeds in a diagonal line to the ground, with
> > constant components of horizontal and vertical motion.

-------------------
indeed gravity is a push force
**but not by aether **

see the circlon idea
2
you are quite right about PD
(Paul Draper )
he is a very little physicist (a parrot !!!)
and a even a much smaller personality !!!!! (in understatement
because he is dishonet as well -
while a real scientist cannot be dishonest !!)
being honest is one the differences between
science and Politics !!!)
ATB
Y.Porat
-----------------------------

ATB
Y.Porat
---------------------------

ATB
Y.Porat
-----------------
thrte if push
From: NoEinstein on
On May 7, 9:17 am, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

Dear PD: In spite of what you might be wishing, defending against YOU
is making me stronger. You have yet to get even halfway up the hill
that I am King of! — NE —

From: NoEinstein on
On May 7, 12:47 pm, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

PD, the Parasite Dunce, is hamstrung to the science formulas in
textbooks. He, and perhaps some of you, can’t fathom that simple
logic can invalidate many of those. The most common error in many
equation types, is to allow the units of ‘proportionality’ factors to
be included in the ‘units’ of the results.

The interesting TV show, MythBusters, enjoys crashing things or
hitting things. I was amazed to hear those guys state that the
‘calculated forces of impact’ are such-and-such… foot-pounds. Foot-
pounds? The latter is, actually the term for MOMENT, or the tendency
of a force to cause a rotation about some fulcrum or point of pivot.
The laughable units for MOMENTUM that’s shown in many textbooks is:
pound-feet/sec (sic). That “might” be logical, because momentum is =
mass times velocity, or mv. However, the ‘v’, in this case, is part
of a proportionality fraction that becomes unit-less. To explain:

If a mass, like say, a 250 pound linebacker, has a velocity in some
direction, and you are standing in his path, you will be hit by a
force. Since that ‘force’ is dependent on how heavy the linebacker
is, and how fast he is moving just before hitting you, then the
correct way to write the equation for momentum is F (or force) = mv.
In many texts, the letter p is substituted for force or reactions. In
fact, the letter p is used in all of the beam analysis equations in
the AISC Steel Handbook that must show a point load or force. When I
told PD that the equation for momentum is F = mv, stated in POUNDS, he
accused me of lying. Because p—which means FORCE, f—is different
alphabetically… PD supposes that momentum must be a different…
“animal” than force. But, as usual, he is wrong!

Newton’s second law states: “A continuous, uniform force—when applied
to a frictionless and unrestrained body—will accelerate the body in
the direction of the force, and in proportion to the force.” The
equation for Newton’s law that’s usually shown in texts is: F = ma.
The momentum formula, that’s in the above paragraph, is a close cousin
to Newton’s when it comes to measuring the force of impact, because
the aspect of acceleration which quantifies the expected force to be
delivered is the instantaneous VELOCITY right before the object (like
the 250 pound linebacker) impacts.

A 250 pound linebacker traveling 8 feet/second (1/4th of the ‘g’
velocity increase) will deliver a force (f or p) of 62.5 pounds. That
would be exactly how hard a 250 pound linebacker would hit if he was
accelerating 32 ft./sec. for ¼ second. A proviso is that he not
continue to accelerate once the other player is impacted.

Since kinetic energy is the force-delivery potential of falling
objects, as well as for objects traveling at any set velocity, I’ve
determined that KE and momentum are interchangeable terms, with THIS
important exception: Objects that are RESTRAINED, but being acted on
by a potentially propulsive force, will have the latter propulsive
force ADDED to the force of impact. My mathematically and
experimentally verified formula for kinetic energy is: KE = a/g (m) +
v / 32.174 (m). The “a/g” will be ‘1’ for objects being acted on by
Earth gravity. So, the KE of objects being restrained prior to
release is already one weight unit, even before any downward motion
happens! The “v / 32.174” (m) is the same unit-less PROPORTIONALITY
factor that is in the momentum equation. Heretofore, the masses were
required to be converted to SLUGS (32 pounds) in order to find the
force. My velocity-variant fraction is more intuitive and doesn’t
require an explanation of usage below the equation. It is the
omission of the conditions of usage, or applicability, that cause the
proliferation of errant equations. The way I was able to master
equations was to express what those say in clear English. When
different users of equations have different ideas what the variables
and the constants mean, there can be big trouble.

In most cases, my New Science will make the equations simpler and more
intuitive. Does anyone, other than… PD, fault that? — NoEinstein —

From: BURT on
On May 9, 5:30 pm, NoEinstein <noeinst...(a)bellsouth.net> wrote:
> On May 7, 9:17 am, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Dear PD:  In spite of what you might be wishing, defending against YOU
> is making me stronger.  You have yet to get even halfway up the hill
> that I am King of!  — NE —

Maybe you'lll be pushed down the hill!