From: PD on
On May 12, 10:46 pm, NoEinstein <noeinst...(a)bellsouth.net> wrote:
> On May 10, 10:57 am, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Folks:  In arguments over FORCES, the engineers and architects, who
> deal in real world problems, trump the HEP Physics majors who only
> know about the small and the insignificant. If a 250 pound linebacker
> hits you with a stated velocity, you will experience the action of a
> weight and velocity proportional FORCE.  And all forces are in POUNDS,
> only!  — NE —

Gotta love that.

From: spudnik on
on the wayside,
directly proportional means, not inversely proportional,
as in the "inverse second-power law" that Hooke derived
from Kepler's orbital constraints (and,
it has nothing in particular to do with "skwares" .-)

thus:
the M-set's property of "universality" or self-
similarity -- the mini-bugs like the big cardioid --
is strictly an artifact of the floating-point spec (and
its many implimentations); however, monsieur M. could
only beg the question, over ten years ago, because
he never bothered to speak with the engineers
at his IBM fellowship. (he had not gotten any
further, when he came to campus & spoke, again,
couple o'years ago .-)

> http://arxiv.org/PS_cache/hep-ph/pdf/0112/0112317v1.pdf
> Fractals are usually build with complex numbers, like the Mandelbrodt

thus:
yeah, but what is the integer, Avagadro's number?...
do you know the surfer's value of pi?

thus:
well, that is where the problem with assigning a particle
to a wave, a la de Broglie et al, comes. the assumption,
that causes folks to say "particle," is that because a quantum
(wave) of light is absorbed by one atom of siver dioxide (say,
in the photographic emulsion; or, other detector) --some how--
that it must be that a rock of light hit the electronic orbital
(although
this is never specified, as to how it could be, and the whole problem
of EM is also hard to describe, and is confounded
with the absurd notion of the "plane wave").
this is really all of a confusion from Newton's "geometrical
optics,"
that is, the "ray" of light, which is just one "normal"
to the wave (or Huyghens wavelet).
> You assume the particle exits both slits because you assume the
> particle creates the interference pattern in and of itself.

thus:
about your five "cloture" events, the real problem is that
"the Fed" was never properly ratified (and is unconstitutional
for that reason, if not directly; it is modeled upon the Federal
Reserve System
of England). of coursel the 527 cmtes. have essentially taken
over the TV advertizing on all national issues & candidates,
through an Act that was passed unaanimously in both houses.
> "Senate rules don't trump the Constitution" --http://GreaterVoice.org/60

thus:
I've been saying, for a while, that if "green" gasoline can
be made, and gasoline fuel cells, what is the problem
with Fossilized Fuels (TM), which ain't fossilized? ... anyway,
see "Green Freedom" in the article,
which is not quite what I was refering to!
> Thorium has other interesting features. For example, in
> oxide form as would probably be used, Thorium has a
> higher thermal conductivity than Uranium oxide. That
> means the fuel will be cooler for any given power output.
> It's got interesting mechanical properties also.
> There are a number of new reactor designs being touted.
> http://thorium.50webs.com/

thus:
Copenhagen's "reifiying" of the mere probabilities
of detection, is the biggest problem, whence comes
both "perfect vacuum" and "quantum foam" etc. ad vomitorium,
as well as the brain-dead "photon" of massless and
momentumless and pointy rocks o'light, perfectly aimed
at the recieving cone in your eye, like a small pizza pie.

thus:
all vacuums are good, if they suck hard enough, but
there is no absolute vacuum, either on theoretical or
Copenhagenskooler fuzzy math grounds.

thus:
magnetohydrodynamics is probably the way to go, yes;
not "perfect vacuum or bearings" -- and,
where did the link about YORP, include any thing
about the air-pressure?... seems to me,
it's assuming Pascal's old, perfected Plenum.
twist your mind away from the "illustrated
in _Conceptual Physics/for Dummies_" nothingness
of the massless & momentumless & pointy "photon"
of the Nobel-winning "effect" in an electronic device -- yeah,
CCDs -- the Committee's lame attempt to "save the dysappearance"
of Newton's corpuscle.
also, please don't brag about free God-am energy,
til you can demonstrate it in a perpetuum mobile!
> It stops because it has bad bearings. These asteroids

thus:
so, a lightmill is that thing with black & white vanes
on a spindle in a relative vacuum?
you can't rely on "rocks o'light" to impart momentum
to these vanes, only to be absorbed electromagnetically
by atoms in them; then, perhaps,
the "warm side" will have some aerodynamic/thermal effect
on the air in the bulb, compared to the cool one.
thus:
even if neutrinos don't exist,
Michelson and Morely didn't get no results!
> Could neutrino availability affect decay rates?

thus:
every technique has problems. like,
you can't grow hemp-for haemorrhoids under a photovoltaic,
without a good lightbulb.
the real problem is that, if Santa Monica is any indication,
the solar-subsidy bandwagon is part of the cargo-cult
from Southwest Asia (as is the compact flourescent lightbub,
the LED lightbulb etc. ad vomitorium).
> Government subsidies, and fat returns on PVs?

--Light: A History!
http://wlym.com
From: NoEinstein on
On May 13, 11:07 am, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

Dear PD: You are an absolute paradox: On the one hand you shun "what
I am selling—my New Science"; and on the other you survive only to,
hopefully, elevate your lame intellectual status by protecting the
status quo of physics from being disproved. Your only means of
raising your status is now FAILING, PD, by about 19 to one. That's
because no more than 5% of your fellow dunces support what you are
doing. [*** An actual poll of the readers would be welcomed.]

Your "right" to be here, if it were just a matter of free speech,
would be clear. But since your motive is to ANCHOR having there be
any progress, by anyone, in SCIENCE, then, you are a person to be
disdained by the Human Race. "Without CHANGE there can be no
progress." Without the PDs of this world, there SHALL be progress! —
NoEinstein —

P. S.: I don't need PD as "a client", nor would I accept such a
failed pedant as him for a client.

From: NoEinstein on
On May 7, 12:54 pm, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

Dear PD, the Parasite Dunce: ... and what does THAT have to do with
the price-of-eggs in China? —NE —

From: NoEinstein on
On May 7, 5:22 pm, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

Dear PD: Tell us, PD: How have you "cast doubt" on my ability to
practice architecture? If you think you have any insights at all
regarding my qualifications, list them one-by-one. If I was so a-
mind, I could sue you for every penny in your worthless bank account!
— NoEinstein —