From: PD on
On May 8, 10:58 pm, NoEinstein <noeinst...(a)bellsouth.net> wrote:
> On May 7, 12:47 pm, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hell, PD!  I wrote the BOOK on mechanics!  If you insist: The LC no.
> is 52-41875, published by Barnes and Noble.

Thank you for trying to correct your typo. However, it still doesn't
work with the Library of Congress index.
I do suggest the ISBN. You've tried twice to provide me a correct
Library of Congress catalog number and have failed at that.

From: PD on
On May 8, 11:13 pm, NoEinstein <noeinst...(a)bellsouth.net> wrote:
> On May 5, 12:13 pm, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> 'C' is close, PD.

"Close" or is the the correct answer, John?

From: PD on
On May 9, 7:36 pm, NoEinstein <noeinst...(a)bellsouth.net> wrote:
> On May 7, 12:47 pm, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> PD, the Parasite Dunce, is hamstrung to the science formulas in
> textbooks.  He, and perhaps some of you, can’t fathom that simple
> logic can invalidate many of those.

Ah, I see. Keep in mind that you've already AGREED with the facts as I
stated them below, and all I did was do use simple arithmetic to find
the ratios. Are you now recanting the facts? If so, which ones below
do you take issue with? Is it the values of the displacement? Is it
the values of the velocity? Is it the constancy of the force? Or do
you find that there is an arithmetic error somewhere? Or are you
claiming that if the arithmetic result is in conflict with your common
sense, then arithmetic must also be fundamentally in error?

> The most common error in many
> equation types, is to allow the units of ‘proportionality’ factors to
> be included in the ‘units’ of the results.
>
> The interesting TV show, MythBusters, enjoys crashing things or
> hitting things.  I was amazed to hear those guys state that the
> ‘calculated forces of impact’ are such-and-such… foot-pounds.

This is why TV shows are not to be taken as good references, John.

>  Foot-
> pounds?  The latter is, actually the term for MOMENT, or the tendency
> of a force to cause a rotation about some fulcrum or point of pivot.
> The laughable units for MOMENTUM that’s shown in many textbooks is:
> pound-feet/sec (sic).

Which textbooks show those units of momentum?

>  That “might” be logical, because momentum is =
> mass times velocity, or mv.  However, the ‘v’, in this case, is part
> of a proportionality fraction that becomes unit-less.  To explain:
>
> If a mass, like say, a 250 pound linebacker, has a velocity in some
> direction, and you are standing in his path, you will be hit by a
> force.  Since that ‘force’ is dependent on how heavy the linebacker
> is, and how fast he is moving just before hitting you, then the
> correct way to write the equation for momentum is F (or force) = mv.

No, sir. You've just made that up. It does not appear in any
textbooks.

> In many texts, the letter p is substituted for force or reactions.

No sir. On this you are simply mistaken. The letter p is used to
denote MOMENTUM, not force, in physics. I really don't care if you
found somewhere in an Steel Handbook where a force is labeled with a
p. In the formula p = mv, none of those variables denotes force. None.

>  In
> fact, the letter p is used in all of the beam analysis equations in
> the AISC Steel Handbook that must show a point load or force.  When I
> told PD that the equation for momentum is F = mv, stated in POUNDS, he
> accused me of lying.

Yes, indeed, you are lying.

> Because p—which means FORCE,

It does not. You are lying.

> f—is different
> alphabetically… PD supposes that momentum must be a different…
> “animal” than force.  But, as usual, he is wrong!
>
> Newton’s second law states:  “A continuous, uniform force—when applied
> to a frictionless and unrestrained body—will accelerate the body in
> the direction of the force, and in proportion to the force.”  The
> equation for Newton’s law that’s usually shown in texts is:  F = ma.
> The momentum formula, that’s in the above paragraph, is a close cousin
> to Newton’s when it comes to measuring the force of impact, because
> the aspect of acceleration which quantifies the expected force to be
> delivered is the instantaneous VELOCITY right before the object (like
> the 250 pound linebacker) impacts.

Sorry, but you've just made that up, and it is wrong. Newton was
right. You are wrong.

> A 250 pound linebacker traveling 8 feet/second (1/4th of the ‘g’
> velocity increase) will deliver a force (f or p) of 62.5 pounds.

No, John, that is just plain wrong. You don't have the foggiest idea
how to use Newton's equations.

Here's a way to tell, John. According to you, if a baseball pitcher
throws a baseball at a catcher at the same speed, then the force
delivered to the catcher will be the same, whether the catcher "gives"
with his hand or not. Any 8-year-old boy will tell you this is wrong.

You've used Newton's 2nd law wrong all these years, and you still
passed exams enough to be certified as an architect? I'm horrified,
John. All your customers should be horrified as well.

From: NoEinstein on
On May 7, 9:12 am, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

Dear PD, the incurable Parasite Dunce: It would be FANTASTIC for you
to finally realize that attacking me (without ever actually discussing
SCIENCE) is a total waste of your, mine and everyone's time. Please
note that I am the author of this original post. You comment on MY
post; I've never commented on yours, because you've never made any.
You are a total fraud to be talking about physics at all. Your having
been a dumb teacher of physics... somewhere, doesn't stand you in good
graces. — NoEinstein —

From: NoEinstein on
On May 5, 10:24 am, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

Dear PD, the Parasite Dunce: Please PARAPHRASE, in your own words,
any experiment which you... "claim" supports RUBBER RULERS. Note: You
are hoping to 'change the subject' to relativity, because there is
more SMOKE and MIRRORS, there. You also, said that I stated that the
Rubber Rulers contraction (sic) of Lorentz is linear. You can't find
such a reply. I've always called... "beta" a waterfall curve. It is
YOU, PD, who make things up. You never state actual science, because
you don’t UNDERSTAND science! — NoEinstein —