From: PD on
On May 11, 7:36 am, NoEinstein <noeinst...(a)bellsouth.net> wrote:
> On May 7, 12:47 pm, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Dear PD, the Dunce: You take any TRUTH; generalize it to absurdity;
> then claim that the truth is wrong.  Actually, the only thing wrong is
> your (sidestepping) generalizations into absurdity!  — NoEinstein —

This from the man who can't find the ISBN number of a book, and can't
accurately copy down a Library of Congress catalog number.

From: PD on
On May 11, 7:13 am, NoEinstein <noeinst...(a)bellsouth.net> wrote:
> On May 5, 10:24 am, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Dear PD, the Parasite Dunce:  Please PARAPHRASE, in your own words,
> any experiment which you... "claim" supports RUBBER RULERS.  Note: You
> are hoping to 'change the subject' to relativity, because there is
> more SMOKE and MIRRORS, there.  You also, said that I stated that the
> Rubber Rulers contraction (sic) of Lorentz is linear.  You can't find
> such a reply.  I've always called... "beta" a waterfall curve.  It is
> YOU, PD, who make things up.  You never state actual science, because
> you don’t UNDERSTAND science!  — NoEinstein —
>   >

Sure. You also asked for experimental evidence for time dilation and I
gave you a good example. I sure hope that hasn't slipped your mind
already. After all, that was just a day or so ago.

But in the present case, I'll tell you about the RHIC collider, where
nuclei are scattered from nuclei. Here, it is important that the
density of the material in the nuclei be high enough to generate the
signal they are looking for. And the relativistic shortening of the
nuclei along the direction of travel lowers the nuclear volume and
therefore increases the density. This effect was directly built into
the RHIC design, so that it would fail catastrophically if it weren't
there. But the effect has indeed been seen, and so we know that RHIC
did not fail catastrophically, and therefore we know that relativistic
length contraction does in fact act.

Again, this is but one example.

So, recapping, you asked for any single experiment that shows evidence
of time dilation, and I gave you one. You asked for any single
experiment that shows evidence of length contraction, and I gave you
one.

PD
From: PD on
On May 7, 5:13 pm, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 7, 3:02 pm, NoEinstein <noeinst...(a)bellsouth.net> wrote:
>
> > On May 7, 9:08 am, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Dear PD, the Parasite Dunce:  No.  Since you are a fraud, I would be
> > happy if you could find, and paraphrase, even one bit of evidence
> > supporting, Lorentz.  He and Einstein (ha!) were meant for each other!
> > — NE —
>
> Oh, this is easy. There is a circular track that circulates muons at a
> lab called g-2.
>
> Here is a picture of it, in case you doubt it's real:http://www.g-2.bnl.gov/pictures/g2magnet2.jpg
>
> The ring is about 30 feet across and about 90 feet around. Muons at
> rest live for 2.2 microseconds, which is easily observed with a Navy
> surplus oscilloscope. If the muons lived that long in the ring, they
> would go around the ring about 24 times before decaying. Instead, they
> go around 37 times. That is, they live longer when they are traveling
> fast around the ring. But the extra time they have before decaying is
> exactly what Lorentz time dilation says they will have. Perfect
> example of just one bit of evidence that time dilation is real. There
> is of course scads and scads of further evidence.
>
> There. Short and sweet, and indisputable.

I hope you see, John, that the Lorentz equations are fully consistent
with experimental measurements.
From: PD on
On May 7, 5:07 pm, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 7, 3:16 pm, NoEinstein <noeinst...(a)bellsouth.net> wrote:
>
> > On May 7, 9:12 am, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > PD, you are a LIAR!  Never ONCE have you explained why KE = 1/2mv^2
> > isn't in violation of the Law of the Conservation of Energy.  Until
> > you do (and you CAN'T) everyone will know that you are just an air-
> > head FRAUD!  — NoEinstein —

So, John, do you now see how 1/2mv^2 is not in violation of the
conservation of energy?
I showed you how below, in plain language, step by step. Even a 7th
grader can follow it.

From: spudnik on
yeah, kinetic & potential energies, and
the relations between them -- it is so high-school (but
there is no reason not to do the experiments
in grade-school, instead of babysitting & learning
dysorders from teh force-feeding of the three Rs .-)

thus:
Copenhagen's "reifiying" of the mere probabilities
of detection, is the biggest problem, whence comes
both "perfect vacuum" and "quantum foam" etc. ad vomitorium,
as well as the brain-dead "photon" of massless and
momentumless and pointy rocks o'light, perfectly aimed
at the recieving cone in your eye, like a small pizza pie.

<verbatim deleted>

> So both setups are needed to get the direct
> measurement of what happens in both cases.
> What you want to do is to replace this experiment with the one only
> involving detectors at the slits, and then insisting that nothing
> changes if the detector is not at the slits.
>
> read more »

thus:
all vacuums are good, if they suck hard enough, but
there is no absolute vacuum, either on theoretical or
Copenhagenskooler fuzzy math grounds. ao,
what is the "ruling out" in the article?

> From what I've read so far I'm not buying any pure vacuum effect has
> been explained theoretically. Relying on Thomas's article from Baez

thus:
magnetohydrodynamics is probably the way to go, yes;
not "perfect vacuum or bearings" -- and,
where did the link about YORP, include any thing
about the air-pressure?... seems to me,
it's assuming Pascal's old, perfected Plenum.

twist your mind away from the "illustrated
in _Conceptual Physics/for Dummies_" nothingness
of the massless & momentumless & pointy "photon"
of the Nobel-winning "effect" in an electronic device -- yeah,
CCDs -- the Committee's lame attempt to "save the dysappearance"
of Newton's corpuscle.

also, please don't brag about free God-am energy,
til you can demonstrate it in a perpetuum mobile!

> > In the link mentioned above is stated, that the
> > vacuum has an optimum at 0.05 bar and that hard
> > vacuum wouldn't work, because the mill stops.
> It stops because it has bad bearings. These asteroids

thus:
so, a lightmill is that thing with black & white vanes
on a spindle in a relative vacuum?
you can't rely on "rocks o'light" to impart momentum
to these vanes, only to be absorbed electromagnetically
by atoms in them; then, perhaps,
the "warm side" will have some aerodynamic/thermal effect
on the air in the bulb, compared to the cool one.

thus:
even if neutrinos don't exist,
Michelson and Morely didn't get no results!
> Could neutrino availability affect decay rates?

thus:
I've been saying, for a while, that if "green" gasoline can
be made ... anyway, see "Green Freedom" in the article,
which is not quite what I was refering to!
> http://thorium.50webs.com/

thus:
every technique has problems. like,
you can't grow hemp-for haemorrhoids under a photovoltaic,
without a good lightbulb.
the real problem is that, if Santa Monica is any indication,
the solar-subsidy bandwagon is part of the cargo-cult
from Southwest Asia (as is the compact flourescent lightbub,
the LED lightbulb etc. ad vomitorium).
> Government subsidies, and fat returns on PVs?

--Light: A History!
http://wlym.com