From: PD on
On May 7, 3:32 pm, NoEinstein <noeinst...(a)bellsouth.net> wrote:
> On May 7, 9:17 am, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> PD:  Everyone can form their own opinions.  You, with certainty, are a
> jealous imbecile.  You never talk science, only processes—which never
> caused you to accomplish anything worthy.  — NE —

The question below is about science. There is only one correct answer.
Opinion doesn't enter into it. What does your common sense tell you
the one correct answer is, John?

Suddenly you seem very timid...

From: PD on
On May 7, 3:21 pm, NoEinstein <noeinst...(a)bellsouth.net> wrote:
> On May 7, 9:14 am, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Dear PD:  When you can't attack my science, you attack my profession,
> architecture.

I'm not disparaging your profession at all. I'm casting doubt on your
qualifications to practice that profession.

> If I had a choice between designing great concert halls
> or etc., or figuring out how the Universe works and improving all of
> humanity, I would choose the latter every time!

Then why did you choose architecture instead?

From: Timo Nieminen on
On May 8, 5:57 am, NoEinstein <noeinst...(a)bellsouth.net> wrote:
> On May 7, 2:21 am, Timo Nieminen <t...(a)physics.uq.edu.au> wrote:
>
> Dear Timo:  On the one hand you compliment me; on the other you chide
> me for not having… “all” of the numbers at my fingertips.

No, I tell you that all of these numbers are available on www, so you
don't even need to go and look in a book. When you sit at your
keyboard, the relevant numbers _are_ at your fingertips.

It's an obvious test. Since you claim your theory explains reality, I
expected that you would have compared the two - your theory and
reality - and checked if they agree. My mistake - you don't seem to
have done this.

You give a clear and easily checked statement:

> Since gravity is
> directly proportional to photon emission (not ‘gravitons’, which don’t
> exist), then it is the luminosity and the temperature of the light
> that determine the gravity of stars.

But before it's worth checking this, you should clarify:

(1) By "directly proportional", you mean: gravity = (constant) times
(photon emission)? That's is, linear proportionality. Or do you mean
something else?

(2) What do you mean by "photon emission"? What you mean by "photon"
might not be what conventional science means by "photon". How is
"photon emission" related to radiated power? Since the bolometric
luminosity is the total radiated power, is there any _further_
dependence on temperature beyond its effect on the bolometric
luminosity. (If talking about visual luminosity, then, yes, the
bolometric luminosity depends on the visual luminosity and the
temperature.)

> At ‘room temperatures’ gravity is mass proportional, and matches
> Newton’s law.  There has to be an object-size threshold that DENIES
> mass in favor of surface area and temperature.

This is new. You didn't say anything about this that I saw before.

>  I suspect that a
> heated Cavendish ball will have gravity somewhere between the room
> temperature, and the white hot.

"Suspect" isn't good enough for the experiment to be worthwhile. It's
directly connected to the following point which you didn't address in
your reply. Do note that this is absolutely essential for the
experiment to be worthwhile (as you will no doubt already know, since
this is a simple matter of logic and analytical ability).

To repeat the question: if a Cavendish experiment _doesn't_ detect a
greater gravitational force, what does that mean for your theory?

From: PD on
On May 7, 3:16 pm, NoEinstein <noeinst...(a)bellsouth.net> wrote:
> On May 7, 9:12 am, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> PD, you are a LIAR!  Never ONCE have you explained why KE = 1/2mv^2
> isn't in violation of the Law of the Conservation of Energy.  Until
> you do (and you CAN'T) everyone will know that you are just an air-
> head FRAUD!  — NoEinstein —

Oh, but I have. If you really need to have it explained again, I ask
you this time to print it out.

The law of conservation of energy says that any change in the energy
of a system must be due solely to the work done on the system.

The work is the force acting on the object times the displacement of
the object. So any change in energy of the object must be due solely
to this work.

In the case of a falling body released from rest, we'll look at the
increase in the kinetic energy, which must be due to the work done by
the only force acting on the body -- gravity. If the increase of
kinetic energy the body has at any time is accounted for by the work
that was done on the body during that time, then we know that the law
of conservation of energy has been respected.

In the first second, the body will fall 16 ft. In the next second, it
will fall an additional 48 feet. In the third second, it will fall an
additional 80 feet. During these first three seconds, the force has
remained constant, so that it is the same in the first second, the
second second, the third second. The speed increases linearly, so that
it is falling at 32 ft/s after the first second, 64 ft/s after the
second second, and 96 ft/s after the third second.

Now, let's take a look at the work. The work done since the drop,
after the first second, is the force of gravity times the
displacement. This is mass x g x (16 ft). So this is how much kinetic
energy the object has after one second. Now, in the second second,
we'll add more work, in the amount mass x g x (48 ft), since that's
the displacement for the next second. This increases the kinetic
energy of the body, so that it now has kinetic energy mass x g x (16
ft + 48 ft) = mass x g x (64 ft), and that number is four times bigger
than it was after the first second. Now, in the third second, we'll
add more work, in the amount mass x g x (80 ft), since that's the
displacement for the next sentence. Since energy is conserved, this
added energy must add to the kinetic energy of the body, so that it
now has kinetic energy mass x g x (64 ft + 80 ft) = mass x g x (144
ft), and that number is nine times bigger than it was after the first
second.

Now, it should be plain that the kinetic energy is conserved, since
the only thing that has been contributing to it is the work done in
subsequent seconds. We lost nothing, and we added only that which
gravity added. The energy is conserved.

It should also be apparent that the kinetic energy is increasing in
the ratios 1:4:9.
Meanwhile, the velocities are increasing linearly, in the ratios
1:2:3.

Now, any fourth grader can see that we've completely conserved energy,
losing track of nothing, and yet the kinetic energy is increasing as
the square of the velocity. 1:4:9 are the squares of 1:2:3.

There is no violation of conservation of kinetic energy, and yet KE is
proportional to v^2.

Now, don't you feel silly that a 4th grader can understand all of
this, but you've never understood it?

From: PD on
On May 7, 3:02 pm, NoEinstein <noeinst...(a)bellsouth.net> wrote:
> On May 7, 9:08 am, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Dear PD, the Parasite Dunce:  No.  Since you are a fraud, I would be
> happy if you could find, and paraphrase, even one bit of evidence
> supporting, Lorentz.  He and Einstein (ha!) were meant for each other!
> — NE —

Oh, this is easy. There is a circular track that circulates muons at a
lab called g-2.

Here is a picture of it, in case you doubt it's real:
http://www.g-2.bnl.gov/pictures/g2magnet2.jpg

The ring is about 30 feet across and about 90 feet around. Muons at
rest live for 2.2 microseconds, which is easily observed with a Navy
surplus oscilloscope. If the muons lived that long in the ring, they
would go around the ring about 24 times before decaying. Instead, they
go around 37 times. That is, they live longer when they are traveling
fast around the ring. But the extra time they have before decaying is
exactly what Lorentz time dilation says they will have. Perfect
example of just one bit of evidence that time dilation is real. There
is of course scads and scads of further evidence.

There. Short and sweet, and indisputable.