From: Walter Banks on

"J. Clarke" wrote:

> > I've heard that a deodorized skunk makes a great pet..
>
> I've heard of a family that had a fully armed skunk as a pet, which
> worked out fine until grandpa, thinking it was stuffed, grabbed it by
> its tail and threw it across the living room.

Both of our dogs have been skunked. On one occasion one of
our dogs went into the back yard was sprayed by a very small
skunk and rushed into the house to the safest place he knew.
Behind the clothes in the closet in our bedroom.

w..

From: Frank ess on

Walter Banks wrote:
> "J. Clarke" wrote:
>
>>> I've heard that a deodorized skunk makes a great pet..
>>
>> I've heard of a family that had a fully armed skunk as a pet, which
>> worked out fine until grandpa, thinking it was stuffed, grabbed it
>> by its tail and threw it across the living room.
>
> Both of our dogs have been skunked. On one occasion one of
> our dogs went into the back yard was sprayed by a very small
> skunk and rushed into the house to the safest place he knew.
> Behind the clothes in the closet in our bedroom.
>

> w..

Our Xoloitzquintle, "E.T.", met a local skunk:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/28/48315788_f9258b7404_o.jpg

I defused the situation by laying down a mist from the garden hose. It
covered both of them and interrupted whatever plans they were making.
The mist also kept down the spray from the skunk, who spurted just a
little, and skedaddled.

--
Frank ess