From: tony cooper on
On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 17:23:07 -0700, Savageduck
<savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

>No mice or bugs in that apartment, and I always wondered who would want
>to be a skunk descenter.

Seems cruel to me...being a skunk descenter and dropping skunks out of
second story windows.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
From: tony cooper on
On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 19:38:41 -0400, "Peter"
<peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote:

>>>I like mock turtle soup.
>>>But, my efforts to find mock turtles have not been successful.
>>
>> You've got to walk away and turn back very quickly to catch them.
>> They only mock you behind your back.
>>

>And the difference between them and the trolls in this group is?

The biggest troll in this group is playing a shell game with all those
names.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
From: Tim Conway on

"tony cooper" <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote in message
> On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 17:23:07 -0700, Savageduck
> <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
>
>>No mice or bugs in that apartment, and I always wondered who would want
>>to be a skunk descenter.
>
> Seems cruel to me...being a skunk descenter and dropping skunks out of
> second story windows.

Alternately, maybe he could be an elevator operator and descend the skunk in
question to the lower floor. "Going down, sir?"

From: Tim Conway on

>>> You've got to walk away and turn back very quickly to catch them.
>>> They only mock you behind your back.
>>>

>>And the difference between them and the trolls in this group is?
>
> The biggest troll in this group is playing a shell game with all those
> names.

Yeah, he retreats to his shell (of many disguises), and then snaps at
innocent passersby.

From: Bill Graham on

"Henry Olson" <henryolson(a)nospam.org> wrote in message
> On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 19:35:31 -0400, "Peter" <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net>
> wrote:
>
>>"Walter Banks" <walter(a)bytecraft.com> wrote in message

>>> A vet friend of mine over dinner a couple weeks ago noted
>>> that there is nothing on a skunk that doesn't smell like skunk
>>> including the bottoms of their feet
>>>

>>Does this guy have a life. Really who would go around smelling the bottoms
>>of a skunk's foot.
>>
>>I've heard that a deodorized skunk makes a great pet..
>
> They make great pets de-scented or not. You just have to be a little more
> cautious about startling or trying to reprimand your pet when it's not
> de-scented. Wild ones will also not spray you unless you give them reason
> to. One came to my door one winter night at about 2AM. It literally
> knocked
> on my door by using a jar stuck on its head until I woke up to answer the
> door. (A jar that was not from my discards I found out later. But from
> some
> neighbor 1/2 mile away.) It needed the jar unstuck from its head. After
> putting on old coveralls, just in case, I went out and pulled the jar off
> the skunk's head. It only sniffed my hand and waddled away.

Yes. I used to bicycle to work through the Stanford campus.....There was a
mama skunk that spent a lot of time on the campus, and I would frequently
pass her and her kits when going by the girls athletic field....She paid no
attention to me at all.....Probably was so used to students on bicycles that
they didn't spook her any more.