From: Henry Olson on
On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 11:14:06 -0400, Robert Coe <bob(a)1776.COM> wrote:

>Possibly the huge flight muscles are the key. My guess is that vultures aren't
>hunted for food because they're tough as rawhide and taste like what they eat.

Catfish are bottom feeders, do they taste like what they eat? King-crab eat
whatever dies and falls to the ocean floor, do they taste like decaying
fish? Ever been to a pig-farm? Do they taste like the overpowering smell of
where they live and eat? Granted, some animals can take on the taste of
what they eat, like bears that eat a lot of salmon, the fish-oils
permeating their meat, but in general things do NOT taste like what they
eat. The only reason people find a fishy tasting cut of bear to be
unpalatable is because their minds are expecting another flavor. They don't
think twice about enjoying a cut of salmon that tastes like salmon. If
their salmon tasted like bear they'd have the same reaction. I suppose
these are the same kinds of people who freak out when their platter of surf
& turf foods are touching each other.

Vultures are gliders, they primarily only use their flight muscles to get
airborne. They use their flight muscles less than ducks. Are ducks a tough
cut of meat?

You're pretty stupid, aren't you.

From: tony cooper on
On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 09:54:19 -0700, Savageduck
<savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

>On 2010-06-13 09:27:23 -0700, tony cooper <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> said:
>
>> On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 12:23:48 -0400, "Peter"
>> <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote:
>>
>>> "Henry Olson" <henryolson(a)nospam.org> wrote in message

>>> I think bringing a vulture on an airline, would save money. At $50 per bag,
>>> I wonder how many they could eat.
>>> OTOH Maybe the airlines are run by vultures.
>>
>> Carrion must fit in the overhead compartment.
>
>Snimmfph!!
>
>That might be packed possum, shredded skunk, or aromatic armadillo.

Or, as it's known in Kentucky, lunch.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
From: Robert Coe on
On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 12:07:53 -0500, Ben Dover <bdover(a)somewhere.org> wrote:
: On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 11:14:06 -0400, Robert Coe <bob(a)1776.COM> wrote:
: >So you're "Ben Dover". I'm a bit surprised you were willing to expose that
: >fact. Did you think we wouldn't notice?
: >
: >Bob
:
: Do you think I care what you think? You're pretty stupid, aren't you.

Well, yes I do, actually. It's pretty clear that you devote a lot of effort to
staying out of kill files.

Bob
From: Robert Coe on
On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 09:54:19 -0700, Savageduck
<savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
: On 2010-06-13 09:27:23 -0700, tony cooper <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> said:
:
: > On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 12:23:48 -0400, "Peter"
: > <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote:
: >
: >> "Henry Olson" <henryolson(a)nospam.org> wrote in message
: >> news:2pl8169kmkp1v9ralot73nd0785riv8fdm(a)4ax.com...
: >>
: >>> Locals claimed the reason was
: >>> that vultures only eat carrion
: >>
: >> I think bringing a vulture on an airline, would save money. At $50 per bag,
: >> I wonder how many they could eat.
: >> OTOH Maybe the airlines are run by vultures.
: >
: > Carrion must fit in the overhead compartment.
:
: Snimmfph!!
:
: That might be packed possum, shredded skunk, or aromatic armadillo.

Squashed squirrel, possibly, or chipped munk.

Bob
From: Peter on

> Steak without a pinch of salt and pepper is bland too. I guess all those
> store-shelves of meat-rubs, sauces, and glazes made for steaks and other
> cuts of beef are because it tastes so wonderful just the way it is without
> anything added. Personally, I find that a nice coating of minced garlic, a
> dusting of Lawry's seasoning, and a sprinkling of teriyaki sauce (in that
> order) about the most perfect (and easy) flavor-combo to put on a steak
> before you cook it. (Pierce the steak liberally with a fork after
> seasoning
> so the teriyaki sauce drips the garlic juice and Lawry's deeper into the
> cut of meat. Otherwise most of the flavors end up in the pan or coals when
> you turn the steak over.)

Uhm! No. If I want to taste teriyaki I will drink a bottle of it. You might
even try a dash in a bloody Mary. But, never, ever on a good steak. A good
prime sirloin steak, properly cooked requires no seasoning. Just char the
outside to seal in the juices and let the natural flavor take over.
Seasoning covers up cheaper cuts and cooking errors. (which is not a bad
thing)

--
Peter