From: Peter on
> On 2010-06-13 10:28:25 -0700, "Tzortzakakis Dimitris" <noone(a)nospam.com>
> said:
>

>> � "krishnananda" <krishna(a)divine-life.in.invalid> ������ ��� ������

>>> My wife's grandmother's church cookbook (also in PA) had a wonderful
>>> recipe for Field Mouse Pie.
>>>
>>> Started out "Take five or six plump field mice" -- and once I realized
>>> that meant _whole_ mice, that's as far as I got.
>> And how would you get 5 mice, if not hiring a cat to catch them?
>
> Just don't use a sticky trap. It leave a nasty after taste.
>
>> My tomcat
>> Timoleon, brought me once a mice he had caught,obviously thinking that it
>> was a good treat (for me). He even ate its tail in front of me. But, I've
>> heard that Italians, during WWII in Greece, were eating cats. But, of
>> course, they have a very tough flesh, and they needed to be cooked for
>> days.
>> I don't know if that's true or an urban legend.
>
> As for cats, I am allergic to cats, but I am sure there are several
> methods of preparing cat tacos.

Fighting temptation to say ..................

Success!

--
Peter

From: Peter on
"tony cooper" <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote in message
> On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 09:54:19 -0700, Savageduck
> <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
>
>>On 2010-06-13 09:27:23 -0700, tony cooper <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net>
>>said:

>>> Carrion must fit in the overhead compartment.
>>
>>Snimmfph!!
>>
>>That might be packed possum, shredded skunk, or aromatic armadillo.
>
> Or, as it's known in Kentucky, lunch.

As distinguished from dinner, which is served with bourbon.
In Tennessee it's served with whiskey.

BTW the most used pick-up line in Appalachia is "nice tooth."

--
Peter

From: Robert Coe on
On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 20:28:25 +0300, "Tzortzakakis Dimitris" <noone(a)nospam.com>
wrote:
:
: � "krishnananda" <krishna(a)divine-life.in.invalid> ������ ��� ������
: news:krishna-A908A5.12412213062010(a)62-183-169-81.bb.dnainternet.fi...
: > In article <hv282t$61a$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
: > "Tim Conway" <tconway_113(a)comcast.net> wrote:
: > My wife's grandmother's church cookbook (also in PA) had a wonderful
: > recipe for Field Mouse Pie.
: >
: > Started out "Take five or six plump field mice" -- and once I realized
: > that meant _whole_ mice, that's as far as I got.
: And how would you get 5 mice, if not hiring a cat to catch them? My tomcat
: Timoleon, brought me once a mice he had caught,obviously thinking that it
: was a good treat (for me). He even ate its tail in front of me. But, I've
: heard that Italians, during WWII in Greece, were eating cats. But, of
: course, they have a very tough flesh, and they needed to be cooked for days.
: I don't know if that's true or an urban legend.

I grew up in Vicksburg, Mississippi, a river port of strategic importance in
the U.S. Civil War. In 1862 Union General Grant was dispatched with a sizable
force of men to capture the city. But the city's terrain made it highly
defensible, and it became clear that a successful attack was virtually
impossible. So Grant surrounded the city and starved it into surrender. The
townspeople knew the game was up when they had eaten the last rat, all other
animals having already been consumed. All this is pretty well documented, BTW.
They were still publishing a newspaper (on the back of sheets of wallpaper,
since they'd run out of newsprint) two days before they surrendered.

Bob
From: LOL! on
On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 15:34:37 -0400, Robert Coe <bob(a)1776.COM> wrote:

>On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 12:07:53 -0500, Ben Dover <bdover(a)somewhere.org> wrote:
>: On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 11:14:06 -0400, Robert Coe <bob(a)1776.COM> wrote:
>: >So you're "Ben Dover". I'm a bit surprised you were willing to expose that
>: >fact. Did you think we wouldn't notice?
>: >
>: >Bob
>:
>: Do you think I care what you think? You're pretty stupid, aren't you.
>
>Well, yes I do, actually. It's pretty clear that you devote a lot of effort to
>staying out of kill files.
>
>Bob

Au contraire mon idiot. It's only to cause psychotic net-stalking freaks
jump through hundreds of hoops. It's entertainment! It drives them mad. Is
this why it bothers you so?

LOL!

From: Bill Graham on

> On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 21:49:16 -0400, tony cooper
> <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 21:07:16 -0400, "Peter"
>><peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote:
>>
>>>OK. Yes, I just got confused between the two. I am down to three
>>>candidates.
>>>I must get it done within the next few days as we have a planned trip to
>>>shoot puffins, next weekend.
>>
>>Is a hunting permit required? Is there a bag limit? Any recipes?
>
> When living in remote areas of the Everglades for many months I often
> wondered why there's no recipes for Vultures. Some of them would browse
> not
> more than a few feet from where I would sit at my campsite. It would be
> easy to just reach out and grab their necks. Locals claimed the reason was
> that vultures only eat carrion and this would make them unfit for human
> consumption. Yet I have photographic proof that they eat live fish most of
> the morning. Catching them just like any crane or other wading bird.
> There's lots of animals that we use for food that only eat dead things. In
> fact humans themselves are mostly carrion eaters (aside from the few that
> relish sashimi, sushi, and tartare recipes). Why are Vultures off the
> table? When back in civilization I searched the net for Vulture recipes,
> but the only thing I found was joke recipes. Has nobody ever tried them?
> Where they are plentiful I'd think they'd be a better source of holiday
> dinners than turkeys. They're about the same size with huge
> flight-muscles.
>

> p.s. For the record, when I asked locals what unusual odd green colored
> wading birds were (Green Herons in breeding plumage, which I never saw
> that
> brightly colored before) they told me they called them "Steak Birds",
> because they taste just like steak.

Somebody told me that emu's taste just like steak......I didn't believe it
then, but now that you told me this, I am not so sure anymore.....(Two
references have a lot more power than just one....)