First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
uk.telecom.mobile mini FAQ (weekly posting)
This is a weekly short posting giving brief details of where to find more information about the subject of uk.telecom.mobile: mobile telecommunications in the UK. There is also a companion group called uk.telecom for discussion of non-mobile topics. Before you post, please consider which group to use and then po... 5 May 2010 02:48
Motorola F3 (e-ink) phone broken?
Hi all. Due to a certain provider helpfully locking this phone it won't work in the Channel Islands thanks to the topups being available only in the UK. Does anyone know if it is possible to legally unlock this phone or not? have already tried the "unlock by IMEI" and it didn't work. i am aware that they loc... 4 May 2010 16:51
Unlocking on Iphone 3GS (latest model)
3.1.3 (7E18) which is locked to Bt, the modem firmware is 05.12.01 model is MC134FB. Lots of promise to do almost identical models, but not this one. -- Vista: the hd dvd player that thinks it's an operating system �JC 2009 Windows 7: a faster dvd player Hard disk important changes 2011: http://www.idema.... 30 Apr 2010 18:33
Using Ring2Skype with Three S2
I have just tried the R2S service and called my netbook from my mobile phone. Skpye immediately started to ring. HOWEVER my Three S2 is charging off-line at home. But what happens if the S2 is switched on and logged into Skype. Hmm - I bet the S2 grabs the call, then if there is no answer immediately diverts... 4 May 2010 16:51
'Improved' Three network STILL Bad
Am in a bar in Central London with my Three dongle in my Acer notebook. BUT I cannot even send emails - the connection keeps timing out, disconnecting / reconnecting, refusing to browse or to send input such as emails, etc. This is worse than when I started with Three before Xmas. Improved network? Rubbish (or word... 5 May 2010 10:26
Phone security PIN and PIN2 ?
I must admit I am confisued with this and wonder if someone can help me make sense of it all. I have one phone that requires a password when the phone starts up, and if I move the sim from this phone to another phone, the password is required on that phone (so I assume that the password is held in the SIM). This... 4 May 2010 16:51
o2 cell area info codes
Are there any other interesting codes on the o2 GSM network apart from 200 (local area info)? ... 29 Apr 2010 07:52
uk.telecom.mobile mini FAQ (weekly posting)
This is a weekly short posting giving brief details of where to find more information about the subject of uk.telecom.mobile: mobile telecommunications in the UK. There is also a companion group called uk.telecom for discussion of non-mobile topics. Before you post, please consider which group to use and then po... 28 Apr 2010 02:52
Assisted GPS and battery life
My new mobile phone has assisted GPS. Does anyone know if using this feature will drain the battery faster than using standalone GPS? The phone is the LG GC900, if that makes a difference. -- Garry Knight garryknight(a)gmx.net ... 15 May 2010 15:55
Orange phone replacement
Hi, when Orange replace a faulty mobile phone, is it normal practice for them the take the original back, or leave it with the owner? Maybe in most cases of faulty phones, the original is returned to Orange first, then inspected and either repaired and returned or scrapped and just a replacement sent back to th... 30 Apr 2010 04:01