From: mikeyhsd on
you can use NNTP Bridge and the same group name as here.

mikeyhsd(a)hotmail.com

"Carlos" <Carlos(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F814F984-BC9F-448D-AE7F-14FAF4CC587E(a)microsoft.com...
Hi guys,
My main concern now is where (what forum) you will all be moving to.
I would like to stay alive and helping users with the same cool guys that
hang aroung here regulary.
Carlos
From: Charlie Russel - MVP on
No, this group name won't be moving to the Forums. They want to put us in
the overall windowsanswers forum, which will be a zoo.

I'm not sure what the answer is. I know I'm not happy about it.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel

From: Kue2 on
Hi Charlie
as far as I can tell you are correct.......who "sets" the windows answer
forum categories?
Maybe they can create one for Windows 64 general?

From: Charlie Russel - MVP on
Carlos, I honestly don't know the answer to that. They've suggested we all
move to windowsanswers forum, which is ultimately a frontend to the client
forums. I can't see us finding a home in there that will not be the usual
zoo. This newsgroup will undoubtedly continue to exist for some time, but it
will NOT have a microsoft server for it. So that those of us who use
msnews.microsoft.com to connect to the NG will have to find a different NNTP
server. And that also means that users who have been coming here via the web
interface will be out of luck.

I'm open to suggestions, however. "Whither thou goest, so go I". ;)

From: Charlie Russel - MVP on
Won't happen, I suspect. I can ask, but I don't expect it to be implemented.