From: James Kosin on
On 5/20/2010 9:01 AM, Charlie Russel - MVP wrote:
> No, this group name won't be moving to the Forums. They want to put us
> in the overall windowsanswers forum, which will be a zoo.
>
> I'm not sure what the answer is. I know I'm not happy about it.

Mooo, can I be the cow please... please... please.

LOL, Lets see, stuffing about 120,000,000 people into one forum...
hmmm... will we all fit.

James
From: Charlie Russel - MVP on
FWIW, I have sent a formal request to the folks managing this transition at
MS to have a 64bit forum. I'm not particularly hopeful, but I've tried to
make the case for having a place for us. I'll post back with the response.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel

From: Carlos on
Charlie,
I cannot make up my mind which one to choose among these:
Windows 7
- Desktop and Personalization
- Hardware and Drivers
- Performance and Maintenance
- Install, Upgrade and Activate
- Programs

None of those fit in what we have been doing here.
64-bit exclusiveness will also be lost.
:(

Carlos

From: Jeff Gaines on
On 20/05/2010 in message <eq8av55pa4ukg520fktkm8m2mptsef1rqu(a)4ax.com> Hugh
wrote:

>Suggestions???

alt.windows64?

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
By the time you can make ends meet they move the ends
From: Bogey Man on
"Carlos" <Carlos(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi guys,
> My main concern now is where (what forum) you will all be moving to.
> I would like to stay alive and helping users with the same cool guys that
> hang aroung here regulary.
> Carlos

Well I won't be installing that "Bridge" program again. Sure it works after
a fashion but the available content in nothing compared to what we are used
to especially for Excel and Word. It also interfered with my Windows Live
Mail database for some reason causing corruption. Uninstalling the "Bridge"
program solved that and Windows Live went back to normal operation.

I don't like the forum setup at all that Microsoft has set up and am loathe
to use them unless I have a problem that I need solved. I definitely won't
go there to browse the forums.

In a worst case scenario, I might attempt to create some alt. groups even
though I have never done that before and the process to create them seems to
be somewhat confusing to say the least.

Even using Google Groups would be better than nothing. At least the
questions and answers could be delivered to an email account set up for the
purpose of participating.

Ron