From: Charlie Russel - MVP on
I agree. And I'm going to suggest something I wouldn't normally do. MS has
given us a very public email address for this change -- nntp(a)microsoft.com.
I'd like to suggest that you (and anyone else who feels so motivated) to
send a suggestion to that email address that addresses the problem and makes
a suggestion. I've already done so, and it gives a not terribly hopeful
auto-answer, but I'm assured it _is_ being read by those who are managing
this. So let's push for a home. Maybe they'll listen and give it to us.
Given the structure, I'd expect it to be in the Windows 7 space, since they
aren't set up for one that covers multiple versions. But we could work with
that.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel

From: Jeff Gaines on
On 20/05/2010 in message
<CC11BF10-076D-478D-98A2-C47998EEC087(a)microsoft.com> Bogey Man wrote:

>In a worst case scenario, I might attempt to create some alt. groups even
>though I have never done that before and the process to create them seems
>to be somewhat confusing to say the least.

I am happy to help, I have the same level of experience as you :-)

I have subscribes to alt.config - is anybody interested in getting
involved in a discussion there?

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.
From: Maratonmannen on
The main reason I´m here is for "Discussions in Windows XP Professional x64
Edition". Now is XP x64 on it´s way out in the cold, since you can´t install
Office 2010.
http://max.ownit.nu/Office2010.PNG

Windows Forums, Planetamd64, Extended64?

--
Asus P5WDG2 WS Pro
Core™ 2 Extreme X6800

From: Carlos on
Charlie,
I have also done my homework (e-mail to nntp(a)microsoft.com).
And I did like your ancient English phrase in your other post, I could read
it without the need of help.
And God said: Thou shalt not kill 64-bit newsgroups!
:)
Carlos