From: Phoenix on
On Thu, 20 May 2010 15:16:08 -0700, "Charlie Russel - MVP"
<Charlie(a)mvKILLALLSPAMMERSps.org> wrote:
> Well, I've proposed they create a 64bit NG. The response was not an
> immediate "no", but rather -- would this be better in Answers or in
TechNet?
> I allowed as how either would work, since we cross over pretty
generally,
> but that the Answers heirarchy was probably better, since it will
be more
> discoverable for consumers. We'll see. I did at least get
recognition that
> this is not a "typical" NG or community, and there is value in
keeping it
> focused as it is.

> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel

> "John John - MVP" <audetweld(a)nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message
> > Charlie Russel - MVP wrote:
> >
> >> I'm not sure what the answer is. I know I'm not happy about it.
> >
> > Few of us are happy about it, Charlie.
> >
> > John

If those are the choices I vote for Technet.
From: Phoenix on
On Thu, 20 May 2010 16:39:01 -0700,
Carlos<Carlos(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I have noticed that women tend to use a negative logic as opposed
> positive logic.

Hey! I'm not not sure I don't dislike your tone there, Carlos! :-P
From: Charlie Russel - MVP on
Normally, I'd agree with you. For myself, personally, it's a better fit. But
I think having it in Answers will, ultimately, make it more discoverable for
end users. Most IT Pro types are starting to get this figured out, but the
consumers are just now getting pushed into 64-bit because they're buying 4GB
and greater PCs for the first time. So anything that helps the consumers
find us, is good.

However, I won't quibble whichever they choose, so long as they give us our
own home. (And that does not preclude an alt.os or comp. NG, IMHO.)

From: Carlos on
Hmmm... "quibble", nice and new addition to my English language database.
I would have never figured out how to say "ser quisquilloso" in English.
:)
Carlos

From: XS11E on
James Kosin <jkosin(a)intcomgrp.com> wrote:

> As far as alt. etc... many service providers are also doing away
> with usenet (lock, stock and barrel). At least mine is, although
> they are offering an alternative for $$$ a month from another
> provider.

There are several Usenet providers who don't charge for text groups
such as this, if you want binaries the list gets much smaller but for
text only try http://www.eternal-september.org/

The Usenet Improvement Project: