From: Dave Warren on
In message <F814F984-BC9F-448D-AE7F-14FAF4CC587E(a)microsoft.com> Carlos
<Carlos(a)discussions.microsoft.com> was claimed to have wrote:

>My main concern now is where (what forum) you will all be moving to.
>I would like to stay alive and helping users with the same cool guys that
>hang aroung here regulary.

None of the forums seem to map up, but if you change over to any other
usenet server out there you can keep using this group as-is once
Microsoft disappears.
From: Bo Persson on
Dave Warren wrote:
> In message <CC11BF10-076D-478D-98A2-C47998EEC087(a)microsoft.com>
> "Bogey Man" <spam(a)kwic.com> was claimed to have wrote:
>
>> I don't like the forum setup at all that Microsoft has set up and
>> am loathe to use them unless I have a problem that I need solved.
>> I definitely won't go there to browse the forums.
>
> To me, this is going to be the ultimate result: The people asking
> questions will put up with it, those of us donating our time to
> help out where we can simply won't bother.
>
> In the end this will open up room for a few MVPs to devote their
> lives to the forums and shine, or it will turn into a ghosttown of
> unhappy users not being helped.

Yes, this is the New Coke. Some of us will go looking for Pepsi. Or
beer.

Bo Persson

From: Charlie Russel - MVP on
:)

It's a quote from something, but it's so far buried in my past that I have
no idea where or what. IAC, I meant it.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel

From: Charlie Russel - MVP on
No, the names are all different because it's a completely different forum
structure. It's not a "GUI NNTP", but a native HTML Forum. The NNTP Bridge
is strictly a way to move the information back and forth between that Forum
and your Newsreader of choice.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel

"Bogey Man" <spam(a)kwic.com> wrote in message
When I set up that NNTP Bridge, none of the names were the same as here and
that was just yesterday. I installed it, I tried it, I hated it and then
dumped it.

Ron

From: Charlie Russel - MVP on
I wasn't aware that Office 2010 woudln't install on XP x64, but I can't say
I'm surprised. And as much as I hated Office 2007, and never migrated to it,
I'm liking Office 2010 a lot.