First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Frequent Blue Screen Crashes (PLEASE HELP)
My computer keeps experiencing what I think are called 'blue screen' crashes. The screen does not turn blue; rather it freezes and the graphics become heavily pixelated and distorted. I think it also turns progressively black over an extended period of time. It's an old Dell laptop running Windows XP Home Edit... 11 May 2010 20:09
Update - Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Community
What is Happening? This message is to inform you that Microsoft will soon begin discontinuing newsgroups and transitioning users to Microsoft forums. Why? As you may know, newsgroups have existed for many years now; however, the traffic in the Microsoft newsgroups has been steadily decreasing for the past sever... 8 May 2010 04:44
startup error in older computer
My older computer will not boot. It gets to the Gateway logo, with all the dots on the top of the screen, stops and re-starts over and over again. ... 8 May 2010 00:27
Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Online Communities
Date 5/4/2010 Starting in early summer 2010, Microsoft will begin progressively closing down the Microsoft public newsgroups to enrich conversations in the rapidly-growing forum platform. This decision is in response to worldwide market trends and evolving customer needs. Microsoft continues to invest in forums t... 5 May 2010 00:39
Can't safely remove usb hard drive
=?Utf-8?B?dmljdG9yZDY2?= <victord66(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:E238E9DA-C7AC-4B10-961B-FDDFABC48B2C(a)microsoft.com: When I try to safely remove my Maxtor usb drive I get an error message: 'The device 'Generic volume' cannot be stopped because a program is still accessing it.' There are no pr... 15 May 2010 14:50
How do I identify the device?
Error mssg "a device attached to it is not working" when "start" is clicked on "Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Configuration" in Services. How do I identify the device? ... 4 May 2010 15:43
Is this the beginning of the end
It sounds as if my comp is over working. It is louder. Is this the beginning of the end or can I fix it? ... 30 Apr 2010 11:44
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 will not start. An error message says "a device attached to it is not working." ... 28 Apr 2010 00:42
Missing Desktop Tab on Display Properties
I have Win XP64 SP3. After the blunder with McAfee update my windows display tab for Desktop options is missing and my background turned to solid blue. All my Icons are present as well as the programs working but I cannot change my background back to a nice desert or water scene anymore. Is it possible that ... 25 Apr 2010 08:48
fixing corrupt registries and removing malicious activity
is there any site out there that can fix corrupted registries in full that are free and remove all malicious activity? I have run everything I know of and nothing is coming up but I am having problems that coincide w/ a virus etc. I have windows xp any help would be appreciated. Thanks! ... 22 Apr 2010 11:24
First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12