First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Unknown error message
A window with the following error message keeps popping up for no apparent reason and during no specific operation. The computer is running XP Home and is all up to date. I reloaded Windows in case something was messed up internally but no help. The message is " Generic Host Processes for Win 32 Services has ... 12 Mar 2010 15:05
Desktop Backgrounds- Have lost the ability to load, install and display additional images
When I browse to an image I would like to use for a desktop select it and click it will not load or display in the Display Properties dialog box nor will it display on the desktop. I have even tried by coping selected images into the C:\WINDOWS\Web\Wallpaper, which I have done before, they are still not displa... 10 Mar 2010 13:06
Launch icons disappear
Windows XP Pro Sp3 IE8 Every time I boot up some of my launch icons which used to show are gone. Some do but after a while they all disappear except the server connection icon. I installed the latest Google update and now it has to be reinstalled each time in order for the icon to appear on the desktop a... 9 Mar 2010 14:41
Embedding Sound Files in Windows Mail (Vista)
Dear Hilary, I hope that this is not your real E-mail address. As to embedding your midi you may have to use a word processor like Word to create the doc or web page and send it as an attachment to your message. HTH, ern. "Hilary" <hilaryjeanfrompa(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message news:69b5d231-028d-47ce-874c-0529e... 9 Mar 2010 10:04
fix unbootable drive
I am trying to fix an image of an XP pro SP3 drive which has been damaged by overfilling. It is a 20GB image now residing on a 250GB drive. I have used Win7 to check the contents of the drive, run chkdsk and defrag, but when I put the drive into the original computer I get "error loading operating system". ... 10 Mar 2010 17:35
Dell Inspiron 1521 constantly reverts to default power settings
I have a Dell Inspiron 1521 running WinXP SP3 (and the latest BIOS from Dell) that is connected to an external monitor, keyboard, and mouse (the screen remains closed and the display output is set to external monitor only via FN keys). For whatever reason, over the past several weeks, the power settings on the... 9 Mar 2010 00:15
Problem Testing Memory
I had a computer freezing problem and was told it was the memory chip. Turns out it wasn't actually the chip but somewhere in the slot it sits in. After inserting a new chip the computer might run for a day or two before freezing. As I have a laptop there doesn't seem to be much I can do beyond avoiding that sl... 8 Mar 2010 14:11
windows xp slow up and persists till shuts down
DUE TO CERTAIN REASONS MY SYSTEM HAS BECOME VERY SLOW TO RESPOND TO EVERY COMMAND THAT ONE USED TO GIVE IN A NORMAL CIRCUMSTANCE. IT STARTS RIGHT FROM THE START-UP, LASTS TILL I SHUT-DOWN THE SYSTEM. I AM USING A MICROSOFT WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL OEM (SERVICE PACK 3 )SUITE WITH INTEL DUAL CORE 845 MOTHERBOARD... 7 Mar 2010 21:48
WinXP System Verification Error in STREAM.SYS WDM driver error
"ANONYMOUS" wrote: RPC SERVER Try this link: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q224370 hth The indicated link is out-dated. ... 6 Mar 2010 19:36
Windows can't find/won't open any programs
It runs in Safe Mode. I've run virus software, spyware software, cleaned registries, had Microsoft scan the computer and "fix" problems. I've tried the EXE fixes from Doug Knox and Kelly's Corner. Nothing has worked so far. ... 7 Mar 2010 02:04