First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
computer ringing alone
hi!when i charge the battery of my pc,it starts ringing alone until i discconnect the wire,after a while i connect it again and it starts charging.i don' t understand what' s the problem,if someone can help? thanhs. -- veullez recevoir mes sinceres remerciements ... 29 Dec 2009 14:11
Windows File Protection
Recently a third party (HP Tech) ran SFC/ Scannow remotely to diagnose a problem. Now the Windows File Protection "box" opens every time I start the computer. I went to MSCONFIG (Start up) but it wasn't there to turn off. How can I keep it from opening when I boot up? Thanks, Dave G. ... 30 Dec 2009 13:10
System Hibertante and Stand By upon a specified time
altogetherHello! I own a laptop running Windows XP Professional. In the past, the Power Schemes located in the Power Options Properties, which enable to configure when the laptop goes into "hibernation" or "stand by" upon a certain time, used to work fine. However, a few months ago they stopped working altoget... 24 Dec 2009 07:30
Defrag does not start
I tried to defragment the hard disk, the defrag utility open but then the neither the defrag opration or the disk analysis start when clicking on their buttons. Any hint? ... 24 Dec 2009 03:13
IE 8.0 does not start properly
IE is not starting when clicking from a hyperlink. I have to first start it manually, and then clicking on the hyperlink a new IE window open normally. What's happenning? It was working OK! ... 24 Dec 2009 03:13
Update taking forever to "install"
My very old XP Home laptop, which I hadn't turned on in a long time, required 43 updates. One of them (I haven't a clue which one) required that the computer be turned off to install. I allowed the laptop to be turned off and then got the alternating "Do not turn off .... it will turn off automatically" and "... 21 Dec 2009 23:33
System restore (XP) in safe mode stops
My XP PC died after reinstalling an older ZIP drive. I'm trying to run system restore from the dos prompt in safe mode. Got it to come up and selected a restore date. Selected Next and got the hour glass for a few moments and then nothing. I'm on the screen of "confirm restore point selection". The screen ... 19 Dec 2009 21:28
Icon won't stay changed!
I use properties to change the icon on one of my desktop icons. It appears to accept the change, but when I go back to my desktop, the original icon appears - it ignores my attempted change. This is on my up-to-date XP on my new Acer netbook. TIA, Paul (I've posted this on multiple groups, because my original ... 21 Dec 2009 10:11
Update KB951847 will not install
Windows update keeps nagging me to install this update but it does not install. I get: "Some updates could not be installed" "The following updates were not installed" "Microsoft .NET.... (KB951847)x86" No other error messages to give me a clue why it doesn't install. Disabled AVG virus protection but it didn't... 1 Jan 2010 14:08
Limit CPU usage
Hello Is there a way i can run a process, and limit it's CPU usage with some in-built windows command? Or maybe run it with low priority? Can you recommend some external program that enables me to do this? I have a problem with a certain process running over the roof, causing CPU problems. Thanks! ... 18 Dec 2009 08:20