First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
Right click on mouse doesn't open and Browse in Display Control Panel doesn't work.
Right click on folders to delete or rename etc. just shows hourglass. And I can't change desktop to my own pictures all of a sudden as Browse shows blank. Have XP Home. PC was recently renovated like new. Any ideas? I ran spyware and Virus Scan...neg. -- neverbeen ... 6 Jan 2010 09:54
XP Service Pack 2 and 3
I had to replace my hard drive. I ran the XP Home install and installed SP 1A. When I install either SP 2 or 3, when my PC reboots it will not load windows but goes to safe start. ( no errors when installing SP) I then have to go back to previous setup prior to the SP install to get it to work. I need SP 2 or 3... 26 Jan 2010 13:15
Forcing system restore
A virus is preventing me from restoring an HP mini 110. Can't get to system restore and enter a previous date in time. Can't restore at startup because F8 is not working. Can't get to Run to enter msconfig and select safeboot. Can anyone recommend another way to force a restoration? ... 2 Jan 2010 15:01
Speed up my Windows XP Pro. SP3 with Flash USB drives/drives?
I'd be very interested in going SSD as my main drive, but the lifespan is always what scares me. I want my data to be relatively safe. Being that the technology is newer than a hard drive is what worries me since I have no experience with it. SMART attributes aren't always a good measure of a drive I'm told. D... 1 Jan 2010 22:51
Still need a solution
Please see my post under "Windows File Protection". I sure would like to stop this program from opening every time I boot up the computer. Thanks, Dave G. ... 7 Jan 2010 12:27
Installing new drivers
I have Windows xp, IE 8. I have had my computer for 5 years & never installed new drivers. How important is it to update drivers? My system is working fine. Thanks, -- john ... 28 Dec 2009 23:59
Keypad
How do I know when to replace keypad. Keys skip -- Ruth Majors ... 31 Dec 2009 14:21
Windows XP won't boot
Could anybody help me please. I have a Toshiba Satellite A100 laptop which I was trying to do a clean up of the C drive. The laptop went to reboot itself and now just gives me the option of either selecting F2 or F12 and then just keeps rebooting over and over again. It doesn't even boot in safe mode in which ... 28 Dec 2009 12:58
rdbss blue screen
Just rec'd a blue screen on Thursday that references the file - rdbss.sys. I have rec'd a Windows XP disk from the repair tech that worked on my computer on Tuesday. Said it could be used if I rec'd another blue screen. Can someone give me step-by-step directions on what to do when I insert the disk? ... 29 Dec 2009 23:02
System restore / desktop display properties
Today is 12/26/09 and I added a new folder and pictures onto a secondary harddrive (D:) on my PC and set one of the pictures as my desktop wallpaper. I then changed the date of my computer to 3/11/08 (to get a trial program to temporarily work) and then noticed I needed to do a system restore to an earlier da... 26 Dec 2009 11:06