First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Error on bootup
"Thomas Bartlett" wrote: Correction: I did not 'delete' the Apple program, as I carelessly wrote earlier. Rather, I UNINSTALLED it through the Control Panel / Add-Remove Programs routine. <tcbartlett(a)optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:dimad558qgsd03qf5g2ukstc42b3s0t33j(a)4ax.com... ... 12 Jan 2010 11:50
Don't search a mapped drive
There appears to be a problem searching a mapped drive in Windows XP. If, for example, you have drive Z mapped to //network-location/data , instead of right clicking the Z drive and "search", click START --> run and type in //network-location and OK. You should see "data" as a folder. Right-click that, and do you... 12 Jan 2010 09:34
XP in a start up loop
I have tried to get xp to boot into safe mode and it would not give me the f8 key screen choices for booting. I inserted the recovery console disk,or xp cd and tried to use the fixmbr and fix boot files. They seemed to have run correctly, although I did get the usual caution screen about the mbr was not where i... 10 Jan 2010 20:47
xp will not boot in any mode
It started about 3 weeks ago . I thought it was a virus, one day i had trouble after installing the demo version of CU3 Adobe package of products for testing out illustrator. My machine became slow and unresponsive ,so i uninstalled it and many other programs as well. I tried to run a restore and it kept givnin... 12 Jan 2010 08:16
XP Suddenly Runs Sloooower..
My XP (Dell) computer suddenly started running extremely slow. It takes about 5 minutes to boot up completely and when trying to run progams it takes up to a minute after clicking an icon before the program opens. Then programs which do open run slow when they have to open new windows. So far I've: Done a ... 9 Jan 2010 18:32
Defragment problem (chkdsk /f)
I am having the same problem when I try to defrag my machine. There must be someone out there that knows the answer. I loaded pctools 9.0 and it goes through the steps of cleaning, but I still cannot defrag due to chkdsk /f being scheduled to run on C: drive. I am going NUTS!!!! "cmb59" wrote: "jv... 10 Jan 2010 10:47
computer slowdown
i am running XP SP2 with IE8 and MCAFEE antivirus.recently my system has dropped about 50% of speed. i am using p4 processor and i gb ram.the display has a shade of grey in title bar ,menu bar and status bar.i tried clearing unwanted programs but still have the problem. P.S:i got infected with RECYLER virus ... 10 Jan 2010 10:47
Magical mystery message
When I boot my machine, I get a dialog with the title "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage". No hint of what program or webpage it's referring to. I'm using Avast free AV, and Spybot SD Resident. In Startup are 2 Hewlett-Packard shortcuts, pointing to "C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\... 6 Jan 2010 09:54
Slow Computer
Please help me with this issue. I bought an Acer Aspire 6 cell Netbook (Window XP I believe) a few months ago . It ran great for a few months. Now it is vey slow. I did the following: 1. Did a run misconfig and deselected the programs I did not want. ( I get an error window that says: An access denied e... 4 Jan 2010 09:14
Right click on mouse doesn't open and Browse in Display ControlPanel doesn't work.
No one knows what "renovated like new" means. What made you do this in the first place? --- Leonard Grey Errare humanum est neverbeen wrote: Right click on folders to delete or rename etc. just shows hourglass. And I can't change desktop to my own pictures all of a sudden as Browse shows blank. Have XP... 6 Jan 2010 09:54